Tanknology is the world's largest provider of tank testing and environmental compliance services for petroleum systems and is a service and environmentally focused company.
Tanknology is seeking an onsite IT Support Specialist for our Austin TX headquarters. As an IT Technical Support Specialist, you will provide the first line of support for personnel. In this role, you will respond to telephone calls, email, and personnel support requests. As you respond and document each support item, you will apply your technical knowledge, common industry practices, and internal procedures to quickly resolve issues or escalate the issues to appropriate team members. As an onsite technical support, you will also configure and repair laptops, PCs, and mobile devices to ensure that employees have stable functioning systems to succeed in their roles.
Successful candidates for this role will balance technical savvy with a passion for customer satisfaction and results.
* 1-3 years' experience user support, hardware/software requests and fulfillment, hardware purchasing and inventory management, software purchasing and inventory management
* 1-3 years' experience supporting local and remote information technology users in a Windows 7, 8, and 10 environments
* 1-3 years' experience with networking, TCP/IP, Windows servers
* 1-2 years' experience with configuration of user laptops and desktops
* Experience with supporting applications based on .NET a plus
* Experience with mobile platforms iOS, Android, a plus
* Experience with use of relational databases a plus
* Experience with supporting internet access through modem and LAN connections a plus
* experience in supporting groupware such as Microsoft Exchange a plus
* Basic math skills
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (phone and in person)
* Experience supporting applications
* Proficient in spoken English
* High school or GED required
* Configuring computer laptops, tablets and PC's to company specifications
* Configuring internet access through phone hotspots for technicians
* Onboarding of employees using Active Directory and proprietary systems
* Troubleshoot and resolve user hardware and software issues in a timely and professional manner
* Support applications for internet and intranet
* Support of Windows 7, 8, and 10
* Some travel may be required (<20%)
* Availability for after-hours as needed
This position is full time with compensation based upon experience. We offer great benefits including paid sick leave & vacation, 401k with company match, short term and long term disability, life insurance, full healthcare benefits package, and the opportunity to further advance your career.
For more information or to apply now you must submit your personal information via this website:
NOTE: DO NOT email your resume to us, as we only accept applications through this website.
To learn more about Tanknology, visit us at www.tanknology.com