Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Business Change Manager leads, develops and delivers change management strategic work across lines of business, portfolios, programs and projects within the Amtrak enterprise. Partners with program leadership and project implementation teams to achieve business goals through successful engagement of internal and external stakeholders, including all aspects of staff and leadership, to facilitate adoption of technical solutions and organizational change. Serving as a leadership advisor on a program, initiative or complex transformational project, the OCM Manager will craft effective strategies and be responsible for leading and delivering change management work, including stakeholder management, sponsorship and communications plans, training assessments, change impact analysis, change readiness assessments, change leadership, and cultural alignment. Requires excellent organizational skills, problem-solving skills, the ability to lead, a command of organizational change management principles, and an ability to work with a wide variety and level of staff proficiency as the change is implemented. Excellent communication and people skills are vital. Mentors, advises, coaches and directs work of 3rd party and internal staff on tactical delivery and execution of change work.
* Ability to create and deliver executive-level communication content to drive sponsorship, understanding of business intent and change impacts, drive adoption and mitigate resistance.
* Responsible for stakeholder assessment and management, including supporting and engaging senior leaders, Plan Champions and Transition Leads at the Plans.
* Supports the development of change management skills throughout the organization; provides mentoring and guidance on change management best practices.
* Performs work according to defined BCM best practices and methodology and established Amtrak processes, procedures and guidelines.
* Partners with program leadership and project implementation teams to achieve business goals through successful engagement of internal and external stakeholders to facilitate adoption of technical solutions and organizational change.
* Assesses change management needs of internal and external stakeholders for assigned projects, working with program and project teams to roll out changes to stakeholders in a structured way with regard to the transition from one technology or business process to another.
* Identifies and drives organization change requirements, including completion of change management and Plan impact assessments
* Crafts effective strategies and is responsible for leading and delivering change management work, including stakeholder management, sponsorship and communications plans, training, change impact analysis, change readiness assessments, change leadership
* and cultural alignment.
* Responsible for reporting on project(s) change management activities to the project and program leadership, including critical success factors.
* Ensures that all defined change management deliverables are completed on time and on budget.
* Evaluates and ensures user readiness and manages anticipated resistance.
* Collaborates with program and project sponsors and the project teams to ensure business success.
* Ability to advise, counsel and coach leadership and front line managers on active and visible sponsorship, and help drive understanding of sponsorship importance to effect change.
* Influence and advise executives on organizational change and organizational effectiveness issues.
* Create and nurture trusted advisor relationship with leaders.
* Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized change management presentations to executive, leaders, Plans, program and project teams.
* Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion and supports risk mitigation efforts
* Through guiding and mentoring of others, supports the growth of change management skills, develops knowledge and change management learnings on business change management topics throughout the organization
* Introduces relevant change management best practices to the organization.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Organization Behavior, Communications or equivalent experience
* 8+ years professional business/organizational experience; 5 or more years of OCM (Organizational Change Management) experience
* Advanced knowledge of organizational change management methodologies, best practices, tools and techniques applied in an IT environment
* Excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
* Knowledge and experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Waterfall and Agile software development approaches and applying change management best practices with these IT development methodologies.
* Demonstrated ability in planning and affecting successful change though communication, inspiring desire to actively participate and support change, creation of common understanding and knowledge of change, identification and plan for change and reinforcement to enable sustained change.
* Ability to build trusted relationships and influence decision making.
* Ability to supervise and mentor business change management analysts and consultants.
* Excellent communications and people skills.
* Strong team and customer orientation with the ability to articulate change, project and business intent to a variety of stakeholders.
* Organized, works independently and self-starter. Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
* Can provide excellent support to business and technical stakeholders.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet targeted deadlines.
* Proficient use of Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
* Master's Degree in Business or Organizational Behavior
* Rail and Union experience, IT-driven change experience
* PROSCI certified
* PMP, OCM consulting and/or 5 years of internal OCM experience
* Executive Coaching Certificate ICF
* Lean, six sigma and/or EAM system implementation experience
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Posting Location(s):District of Columbia; Maryland; Virginia
Travel Requirements:Up to 25%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job - we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Transportation || Corporate
Amtrak is a passenger railroad service that provides medium- and long-distance intercity service.