Hewlett Packard Enterprise
NoSQL Database Administrator
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an innovative, dynamic company with a rich past and a promising future. Originally Hewlett-Packard Company, HPE has continuously reinvented itself. Today, HPE is one of the world's leading technology companies and provides wired and wireless networking, servers, storage, IT and Cloud services for the next generation of IT infrastructure.
This position will be responsible for supporting new and existing NoSQL database systems, both internally and Cloud managed instances and will help guide best practices in database administration, and introduce innovation with automation.
The NoSQL DBA will be responsible for designing, deploying and maintaining NOSQL database clusters that will enable and enhance software products and systems used every day by large groups of users.
The DBA should have advanced knowledge of some of NoSQL databases such as (MongoDB, Cassandra, MariaDB, Hbase etc.) Including creation and implementation of fully functional NoSQL database clusters, ability to maintain multiple development, QA and production NoSQL environments with strong experience in performance tuning.
* Implement HA solution and define Backup/Recovery strategy
* Assist with the design of redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery to ensure effective availability, protection, and integrity of data assets
* Assist in planning and implementing capacity and resource expansion to ensure scalability of company databases
* Assist in planning and performing database upgrades and migrations
* Responsible for providing day-to-day administration support and maintenance for existing and new NoSQL databases.
* Perform debugging, tuning and performance enhancement as well as automation of operational and continuous integration aspect of the NOSQL platform
* Assist in implementing long-term strategic goals for database development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders
* Participate in agile process and analyze user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications for databases following database standards
* Work with agile teams and product owners to ensure database design and performance meet business requirements
* Identify inefficiencies in current databases and implement improved solutions
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience.
* Requires 2-5 years of related experience in the design, maintenance, and administration of NOSQL databases (Mongo, Cassandra, etc.).
* Previous experience in high volume environments will be required.
* Any previous experience with Big-Data Platforms like Hadoop or Spark will be incredibly valuable
* Deep understanding of cluster management areas, such as adding/bootstrapping/removing nodes, consistency tuning, replication, and multi-DC configuration;
* Strong knowledge of monitoring, management, capacity planning and compaction strategy
* Good knowledge of database backup and recovery, connectivity and security, and role management
* Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
* Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
* Previous SQL Server and/or Oracle database administration experience is a definite plus
* Must be versatile, flexible, and proactive when resolving technical issues
* Excellent Interpersonal Communication Skills
For this position we're able to consider candidates with either US citizenship or an existing Green Card at this time.
This position can be based in Houston (preferred) Austin or Roseville. This position is not budgeted for relocation assistance at this time.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise operates as a technology company.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise