We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Network Operations Center (NOC) Shift Manager joining our team to support Joint Service Provider - Enterprise Transport Management activities in Arlington, VA.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a NOC Shift Manager supporting JSP-ETM, you will be trusted to analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks while providing guidance and work leadership to network personnel. In this role, a typical day will include:
* Plan, design, evaluate, select, and upgrade operating systems and protocol suites
* Configure communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
* Plan network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
* Analyze network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
* Support the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
* Provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
* Perform network administration duties.
* Serve as technical team or task leader.
* Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
* Participate in special projects as required.
This position will work 2nd Shift: 2:00PM to 10:00PM.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
Active Secret Security Clearance or higher
8-10 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design
Must be able to work 2nd Shift: 2:00PM to 10:00PM
IAT 8570 Levell II Certification (Security+ CE) or higher
Discover more at gdit.com/careers
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.