As the NOC Operations Shift Lead, you will be responsible for leading a shift team in a Network Operations Center, providing network and systems monitoring and administration for a global implementation of Microsoft UC Services (Skype for Business). The team manages a highly-virtualized infrastructure across multiple commercial and government data centers. The team is responsible for all server, storage, backup, telecommunications, network, and Skype for Business application systems. The ideal candidate will be highly technical, possess strong ITIL knowledge, have great interpersonal and communication skills, and enjoy leading a team and mentoring personal growth. They will also have supervisory experience, experience in the federal/military IT industries, and have basic knowledge of IT security best practices.
* Responsible for acting as a technical lead, supervising all NOC personnel on assigned shift, and overseeing day-to-day NOC Operations, including providing support services when required
* Responsible for executing disaster recovery and business continuity tests, exercises, and real-world responses
* Oversee all technical aspects of service delivery and customer service/support
* Ensure overall client satisfaction and all technical needs are delivered
* Oversee Systems Administration and L3 Skype for Business Support team members and ensure Service Level Agreements are met, issues resolved, and Clients are delivered issue-resolution in a timely manner
* Manage and supervise technical staff. Provide, administer, track, and oversee technical training of staff
* Create and manage shift team schedule on a weekly basis
* Review and approve timecards and other personnel-related reports as required
* Administer and manage ticketing system for all technical related issues
* Must be able to work effectively in a team and supervise that team. Must be able to meet deadlines, manage time effectively, juggle multiple issues and projects, etc.
* Must be able to handle end to end troubleshooting issues with all aspects of the Information Systems to include network and telecommunications systems
* Report to internal and customer management to collaborate for new initiatives and technical planning
* Design, implement, manage and enforce SOPs for clients and internal use
* Serves as an escalation point of contact when needed
* Provide leadership and direction to operations and IA personnel.
* Manage accounts, network rights, and access to UC systems and equipment.
* Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software Information problems pertaining to the UC environment.
* Perform IA related customer support functions including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, customer assistance, and/or training, in response to customer requirements for the UC platform.
* Analyze system performance for potential security problems.
* Configure, optimize, and test network servers, routers, and switches to ensure they comply with security policy, procedures, and technical requirements.
* Ensure that hardware, software, data, and facility resources are archived, sanitized, or disposed of in a manner consistent with system security plans and requirements.
* Work with other privileged users to jointly solve IA problems.
* Demonstrate proficiency in applying security requirements to an operating system for the UC platform.
* Implement applicable patches including IAVAs, IAVBs, and TAs.
* Implement response actions in reaction to security incidents.
* This position requires the ability to work shifts on a 24*7*365 schedule, including on-call
* Comply with the security requirements set forth in the Security Plan and applicable directives for the safe and secure operation of the UC platform as outlined in the Acceptable Use Policy
* Have the requisite training to operate the UC platform and complete IA Training and review and sign the Acceptable Use Policy
* Maintain positive physical control of the UC platform components within their areas of responsibility
* Ensure no information higher than allowed by program is processed by the UC platform
* Handle and secure the UC platform data at the appropriate classification level
* Safeguard the UC platform from unauthorized transmissions of data (such as sending data without encryption), tampering with the UC platform hardware, or manipulating the resident and application software
* Report to the ISSM/ISSO or Program Manager any attempt to gain unauthorized access to Unclassified, Sensitive defense information, any failure, or any suspected defect which could lead to unauthorized disclosure of Unclassified, Sensitive information
* Report suspected (or actual) security violations or practices dangerous to security to the ISSM/ISSO or security manager
* Reviews the Access Control policy
* Maintains an understanding of Information Assurance (IA) policies, current Cybersecurity threats, and incident response reporting procedures to ensure the assets, and the information processed are protected from any actions which could jeopardize the UC platform's ability to effectively and securely function.
* Immediately notifies their ISSM/ISSO Personnel if they suspect their passwords or token cards have been compromised
* Takes DoD insider threat awareness training annually to recognize and report insider threats
* Reports all potential or malicious incidents immediately to the ISSM/ISSO. If none of the aforementioned are available users contact the US-CERT (formerly CONUS and South RCERT) immediately
* Reviews the Media Protection Policy
* Marks and labels ALL UC media indicating the distribution limitations, handling caveats, and applicable security markings (if any) of the information
* Reviews the physical security plan
* Reviews the Security Assessment and Authorization documentation
* Past and current demonstrable ability leading, supervising and managing a team
* Past and current demonstrable ability to resolve conflicts and situations
* Excellent organization skills and time management practices
* Past and current continuous self-education in multiple personal and professional endeavors
* Excellent hardware and software troubleshooting skills. Broad and extensive working (hands on) knowledge of computers and IT industry, preferably some within the federal or military industries
* Can demonstrate competency with Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare, storage platforms (HP preferred), backup systems, Skype for Business, and Office 365
* Applies knowledge and experience with standard IA concepts, practices, and procedures within the UC environment.
* Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
* Holds at least a US Secret Clearance
* Meet IAT II Certification requirements within first 6 months of employment
* Holds a Security+ Certification
* 3+ years of System Admin and maintenance work
* 3+ years of related experience in a IT Service Management capacity
* Bachelor's degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience
* Microsoft Certifications like MCT, MCSA desired
* Experience operating a team using ITIL service management standards, including managing a catalog of services and measuring performance
Required Clearance: Active SECRET
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Job ID 1919625-1 Date posted 06/21/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.