The NOC Engineer I is responsible for monitoring our production and enterprise environments. This position is expected to constantly evaluate departmental processes for improvements, provide new or updated supporting documentation and metric reporting.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
* Collects and displays daily departmental performance metrics. * Provides team mentoring and training for department policy and procedures * Perform daily checks of NOC Change Management tickets and metrics. Resolves any conflicts before implementations are made. * Actively monitors and reacts to real-time system conditions * Resolve or escalate any system issues according to department procedures. * Document and maintain all changes to departmental policy and procedures. * Make daily reporting entries and ensure required accuracy levels in the Change Management Database are met. * Assist Helpdesk with internal RealPage customers via phone support, and special projects as needed. * Assist Product Support departments in resolving customer complaints. Ensure Technical Support commitments are met. * Manage controlled access points in a secured access environment to include assignments of badge access and escorts into restricted Information Technology areas. * Enforce the policies and procedures of the Information Technology Group.
* Must have one of the following certifications: CCNA, Linux +, MCP, MCITP, MCSE, Networking + or A+. * Proven ability to navigate current Microsoft Server and Desktop Operating Systems * Experience using MS Word and Excel * Experience using Microsoft's System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) is preferred * Network + Certification is preferred * Understanding and ability to navigate metric reports * Experience troubleshooting various Server & PC hardware * Experience in command line scripting is a plus * Excellent written and verbal communication and analytical skills * Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks, simultaneously, in a time controlled environment * Demonstrated ability to work independently; must be self-motivated and goal oriented * Demonstrated business professional attitude when working with internal and external customers * Demonstrated ability to follow procedures and ensure that others are following departmental procedures * Must be able to lift and move various computer equipment up to 50 lbs. * Ability to work on hands and knees to deploy computer equipment and make repairs * Availability to work in excess of forty hours per week including nights and weekends as required. * This position is classified as a sensitive position and will require annual criminal background screenings.
#LI-JL1 Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
Connect With Us RealPage Careers Networks
* LinkedIn * Twitter * Facebook * Browse Open Jobs * Search Open Jobs * Edit Your Profile * View Applications
RealWorld User Groups Webinars
* About Us * App Partner Program * Careers * Where We'll Be * Investor Relations * Press Room
* Professional Services * Support for Vendors * Resident Technology Services * Technology as a Service * Training
* 1.877.325.7243 * Media Relations * Client Portal * Level One Login * Consumer Support