Serenova simplifies every aspect of the customer experience to make life easier for contact center executives, their customers and employees. The world's most passionate, customer-focused brands achieve better interactions, deeper insights, and more meaningful outcomes with Serenova's contact center solutions. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Serenova has operations in California, Canada, the United Kingdom and Australia. Learn more at www.serenova.com. For live updates, follow @SerenovaShine.
The NOC Engineer will be tasked with ensuring that network, data and application environment run at peak performance by detecting and acting on all exceptions and anomalies. This role monitors all network channels, data center servers and enterprise applications. Collects performance statistics on the reliability and efficiency of machines, applications and networks. Incident tickets are generated for exceptions and managed for the lifetime of the incident. Negotiates terms of monitoring with asset operators as required. Detects outages and remedies. Operates with a high degree of independence and with minimal supervision in a secure environment. Decisions will frequently impact many employees and directly impact company revenue.
Monitoring, alerting and coordinating
* Monitor production applications, servers, and network using a combination of monitoring tools to ensure availability.
* Coordinate with Telecom Carriers and Vendors
* Respond to automated alerts from monitoring tools according to procedure. Use diagnostic tools to ascertain level and criticality of problem. Discover faults and conditions in a proactive manner. Diagnose cause where appropriate and resolve expeditiously.
* Escalate issues and problems according to procedures and best judgment.
* Perform periodic health checks of systems and applications.
* Use judgment and knowledge of networking, systems, and applications to identify problems as they occur and decide on best course of action to resolve.
* Diagnose problems and resolve in an expeditious manner.
* Work with Engineers to resolve production problems.
* Write coherent trouble ticket notes on production incidents and problems.
* Interacts with appropriate support personnel and Tier III engineers to resolve customer calls.
* May write or revise system documentation and procedures.
* Responsible for configuring and maintaining monitoring tools.
Reporting and Communications
* Make appropriate, timely decisions in limited complex situations. Follow written and verbal procedures from manager for majority of problem-solving.
* Apply "lessons learned" to current decisions.
* Communicate with internal and, at times, external customers in a professional manner
* Log and track calls using Help Desk software, and maintains history records and related problem documentation. Consistently communicates with internal team members in solving and notification of problems. May communicate with Tier 1, 2, 3 & development managers.
* Develop proficient understanding of all critical Serenova Platform application and services
* 2-5 years in a fast paced, high transaction NOC or Operations environment
* 2-5 years supporting web based applications
* Knowledge of MySQL and Linux administration
* Knowledge of TCP/IP and SNMP
* Knowledge of AWS technologies
* Knowledge of SIP and WebRTC a plus
* Knowledge of Internet Services: DNS, Email, etc.
* Basic knowledge of Routers and Network Protocols (Cisco).
* Basic (advanced preferred) knowledge of Linux
* Knowledge of Incident/Change/Problem management
* Specialties NOC / Process writing skills or training a plus
* Experience in Monitoring Theory / Implementation a plus
* Experience in Customer Service with strong interpersonal and communications skills
* Experience in current Internet network hardware and software technologies.
* Experience with PC based tools and products, MSOffice suite.
* Diagnostic experience of a variety of monitoring applications such as Nagios, LogicMonitor, etc.
* Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a Help Desk or high volume call center preferred.
* Minimum of 2 years of experience working in IT Operations including knowledge of common tools, methods, and techniques
* Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible work experience in networks and/or server monitoring Skills
Our Core Values:
We're all human, and we treat everyone (including ourselves) with humility, kindness and respect.
Progress Over Perfection:
We are flexible and resilient. We embrace change, roll with the punches, and strive to make each day better than the day before.
We are fanatically transparent, seeking accountability in all that we do, we honor our work, keep our commitments, and seek every opportunity to act in the service of others.
Above and Beyond:
Everyone is a customer - and simply meeting expectations is never enough. We delight in simplifying the complex and doing more with less and giving more than we ask for in return.
No Finish Line:
We are imaginative and tenacious. We are never discouraged, never satisfied and never done. There's always more we can do, and because we cannot fail if we do not quit, above all, we persist.
Perks & Benefits:
* Values-based culture
* Flexible PTO & generous Holiday Schedule
* Robust Medical Benefits
* Pets? We've got them covered too!
* 401(k) match
* On-site masseuse, car detailer and gym memberships also available
* Taco Tuesday & Friday lunches
* Monthly Happy Hours