NOC Engineer (81692)
in Waltham, Massachusetts
NWN is recognized as a leading national Cisco partner and a leader in the IT services industry. NWN holds many awards and elite certifications from Cisco, AWS, HP Inc., HPE, VMWare, NetApp, Dell-EMC, and Microsoft. With over 500 employees across the U.S. the company is on a fast track to even greater success. If you're a top performer looking for a new opportunity we want to talk to you!
NWN is looking for a NOC Engineer to join our team in Waltham, MA. This is a full time position with full benefits, covering the either 2nd or 3rd shift.
The scope of essential job responsibilities includes but is not limited to:
Monitoring (MEC) Engineer Role
* Create incidents for alerts that come into the MEC
* Triage/troubleshoot/Escalate alerts
* Manage the cases from shift Crossover. Follow up with current open tickets that are assigned to them.
* Properly transition Crossover cases to the incoming MEC Engineer to ensure they're handled satisfactorily and continuously.
* Manage coordination with the Support Engineer during peak alerting periods to ensure events are ticketed and acted on within a reasonable time.
* If SOC alert received - inform the acting Support Engineer that one was received so Support Engineer appropriately action it.
Support Engineer Role
* Answer, manage and address calls that come into the x3401 and x3438 lines.
* Work cases that come into runway from customers.
* Monitor emails that may come in from customer sources. Create ticketing incidents, work the issue or escalate as appropriate.
* Identify and execute scheduled tasks/checks for multiple clients in a timely manner.
* Coordinate with the MEC Engineer during peak alerting periods to ensure events are ticketed and acted on within a reasonable time.
* Follow up on open incidents as appropriate to ensure they're being addressed.
* Address SOC alerts in a timely manner.
* Ensure smooth and ongoing communication within the team and externally. Keep the NOC and HD teams aware of relevant, known issues (such as outages that may affect customers.) Provide relevant updates as they come.
* Keeps management properly informed with the team or customers.
* Promotes a positive team attitude.
* Due to the 24x7 nature of the job, it may be required to work nights and/or weekends.
The scope of additional job responsibilities includes but is not limited to:
* Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate for this position will meet these minimum requirements:
* Associate's or Bachelor's degree or one to five years of relevant work experience.
* Understands and can utilizes entry-level commands such as ping, tracert, and Cisco Show commands
* Understands and can perform troubleshooting steps for issues on servers, networks and/or UC devices such as: interface down, services down, device(s) unreachable, and temperature issues
* Strong ability to diagnose server or network alerts, events or issues
* Excellent time management and organizational skills
* Detail oriented while handing multiple concurrent tasks and/or projects with minimal supervision
* Thrives in an environment of multiple shifting priorities
* Strong analytical skills; good oral and written communication skills; good problem-solving skills; ability to think strategically and act tactically
* Manages different audience needs with a customer-focused orientation
* Able to work independently and successfully in team environment
* Ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies and concepts
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
The following qualifications are ideal, but not required:
* Certificates from Microsoft, Cisco or technology companies strongly desired.