Responsible for leadership of a diverse team designing and building components of scalable, secure network monitoring system with various hardware, software, cloud, and web-based applications. Responsible for coordination with other designers and service owners to deliver a broad range of network services to internal and external customers. Responsible for participating in the full application lifecycle including support of the application in production by researching and resolving production issues. Responsible to the changing needs of the customer.
* Leadership and providing direction to a team of 20-30 software and cloud engineers including System Admins and Database Administrators.
* Provide architecture design and decision-making.
* Coordination with network design leaders.
* Develop and maintain services including web, development, configuration management, etc.
* Design, implement, test, and support network management based applications and documents design ideas.
* Participate in requirement gathering sessions.
* Collaborate with the team on application architecture design and decision-making.
* Configures and tunes application servers.
* Ensure cleanliness and optimization of code written in complied languages such as Java.
* Participate in production troubleshooting and issue correction for applications after the production implementations.
* Participates in production issues remediation and troubleshooting as needed.
* Solve complex production issues.
* Predict emerging customer needs and develop innovative solutions to meet them.
* Strong Unix/Linux system knowledge and administrator experience.
* 4+ years of tooling and automation development experience.
* Intermediate or higher knowledge of Python or any other complied language such as Java.
* Extended knowledge of API design (JSON, REST, etc.).
* Solid understanding of Layer 1-4 fundamental protocols.
* Knowledge of standard networking monitoring technologies (SNMP, *Flow, etc.) a plus.
* Knowledge on network device configuration and management a plus.
* Experience in configuration development on Management Software (Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Chef, etc.) a plus.
* Knowledge of HPE NNMi, OMi, NA.
* Knowledge of Unit Test framework a plus.
* Knowledge of Agile & Scrum Methodologies preferred.
* Knowledge of Riverbed.
* Knowledge of Splunk.
* Knowledge of ServiceNow.
* Knowledge of Amazon Web Services.
Required Skills, Experience, and Education: Candidate must have 16 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 8 years of experience OR Masters and 10 years, Bachelors and 12 years, Associates and 14 years or HS and 16 years.
* 2-3 years of experience with web application development.
* 2-3 years of database experience.
* Applicable programming and analysis certifications desired.
Required Clearance: Active TSSCI with Polygraph.
Desired: 8570 Certification.
Job ID 1932842 Date posted 07/01/2019
AT&T is a provider of telecommunications, media, entertainment, and technology services for consumers, content creators, distributors, and advertisers.