Title: NLP / ML Engineer
Job ID: 1240
New York, NY, US
Category: Information Technology
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We're here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we're there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
eBrevia (eBrevia.com) is a fast-growing subsidiary of Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN), providing advanced natural language processing (NLP) technology and tools for law firms, audit and consulting firms, and corporations to automate the reading and summarization of legal documents. eBrevia's products have a wide range of applications, including due diligence, contract and knowledge management, and lease abstraction.
We are designing the next wave of legal software-artificially intelligent systems that actively assist the lawyer, using machine learning, NLP, and data mining to help them make sense of reams of information, all within a slick, web-based UI running on a scalable cloud backend.
Recently acquired, eBrevia maintains a nimble startup culture while leveraging the resources of an innovative market-leading public company as it continues to rapidly scale.
You will lead eBrevia's initiatives to advance its core intelligent document analysis web application and push the frontier of NLP / machine learning capabilities on text datasets.
* Design experiments and evaluate and implement models to process legal language, including document classification, information extraction, resolving references, and anomaly detection.
* Translate successful experiments into production-quality code.
* Work independently to design and implement new NLP-based features. Consult with subject matter experts and understand how to apply NLP/ML techniques to solve their business problems.
* Strong academic background, with a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing or related discipline. Publications in relevant journals is a strong plus (ACL, NIPS, ICML).
* Demonstrated coding expertise in any major language, plus experience with version control tools. Experience building large scale data or text-processing pipelines beyond academic projects.
* Ability to communicate complex technical ideas clearly to technical and non-technical audience.
* Additional mathematics/statistical background a plus.
* Ability to design new functionality or improve product with little guidance.
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to AccommodationRequests@dfinsolutions.com.