Bank of Nova Scotia (Scotiabank)
Requisition ID: 62157
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Contributes to the overall success of Technology for Global Banking and Markets by ensuring specific individual goals, plans, and initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted comply with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
* Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
* Manage "Build the Bank" functions for desktop technologies and associated disciplines.
* Demonstrate subject matter expertise in Windows, mobile technologies, automation/scripting.
* Determine root cause and develop remediation plans.
* Interact with all technical teams in the organization to understand and develop standards, processes and procedures for, "Run the Bank" team.
* Fields Level 3 incoming help requests from colleagues and end users via both telephone and e-mail in a professional, courteous, effective, and efficient manner.
* Documents all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue in our internal Help Desk application.
* Applies diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
* Accesses software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources to aid in problem resolution.
* Performs hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software and configuring systems and applications.
* Resolves computer and laptop issues (connectivity, performance) and printer issues (local, network).
* Performs support on:
* Windws 7 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 10
* MS Office 365
* MS Office (versins 2010/2013/2016)
* MS Outlok
* Active Directry / Active Roles
* Enterprise/3rd Party applications
* Periodically supports other IT Groups as needed
* Participate in regulatory and internal audits.
* Liaise with the appropriate application team for second line issues regarding applications.
* Engage a broad range of stakeholders across Front & Middle Office, Product Control, Risk Management, Back Office, Application teams.
* Adheres to established information security standards and procedures.
* Understands how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
* Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
* Champions a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive working environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Education & Experience:
* Associate degree in Information Systems required.
* Minimum 4 years' experience performing IT support at a financial institution required.
* Working knowledge of DNS, Internet Infrastructure, and IP informational tools.
* Knowledge of Linux/Windows.
* Computer literate and familiar with common computer hardware and productivity software applications.
* General Troubleshooting skills with various hardware (Laptops, iPads, Tablets, iPhones, Blackberry, Desktops, Printers).
* Excellent communication skills and ability to be articulate and can speak clearly on the phone.
* Excellent judgment skills to be able to properly evaluate situations and immediately provide effective solutions.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Solid interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
* Ability to absorb and retain information quickly and work independently with minimal supervision.
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Risk Management, Engineer, Developer, Finance, Engineering, Technology
About Bank of Nova Scotia (Scotiabank)
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and financial services provider.