As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will work on launch vehicles, space vehicles, and launch facility systems for the New Glenn Program. You will work across subsystems and support integrated solutions to achieve our vision of "millions of people living and working in space." You will support system engineering practices across disciplines predicated to a high degree on your technical skills in one or more areas of analysis, design, or integrated testing. You will develop, allocate, manage, and verify requirements and interfaces in integrated environments such as DOORS Next Gen and other functional analysis toolsets. You will work with internal and external customers and stakeholders to develop and execute requirement verification plans. You will help balance the conflicting nature of requirements and verification scope with cost, schedule, resources and risk, and develop an integrated approach to achieving customer certification. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Develop and execute our technical community engagement strategy for customers, including but not limited to data deliveries, detailed data reviews, technical interchange meetings, etc.
* Ensure integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of data deliveries to our government customers
* Interface directly with government agencies, including the USAF Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) and the NASA Launch Services Program (LSP)
* Plan, develop, deliver, and communicate results in support of government customer requests
* Minimum of a B.S. degree in engineering or equivalent technical field
* Ability to work effectively in teams with a demonstrated track record of good communication, execution, and coordination skills
* Knowledge of current systems engineering and integration tools and methodologies
* Exhibit excellent judgement and be comfortable making high-quality and high-velocity decisions
* Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* 10+ years of experience with system development and/or integration, preferably with aerospace hardware
* Familiarity with external launch vehicle requirements sources such as AFSPCMAN 91-710, SMC-S-016, 14 CFR Part 431
* Significant experience working within single source of truth requirements environments, such as DOORS, DOORS NG, Jama, Innoslate
* Experience with collaboration tools such as Confluence and JIRA
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.