Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
Subject Matter Expert (SME) on projects for a particular knowledge base or skill set. Assist in the development and presentation of technical training. Provides guidance integrating new tools and test equipment into the project implementation process. Coaches other Technical Resources, Engineers, and maintenance personnel in methods and procedures of system configuration, optimization, testing, and documentation. Works with Motorola product groups, support teams, field engineering, industry standards groups and test equipment manufactures to support the specific SME technology of the position. Understands and can execute all System Integration processes and procedures. Understands, articulates and implements best practices related to their area of expertise. Gain industry certifications to be capable of working on the most complex issues in technology they support. Work with managers to ensure the local ST teams have the correct training and tools needed for the SME technology they support. Train field ST's as assigned. Mentors less experienced technical resources. Participates in post-sale implementation of voice and data communications systems. Performs specific system configuration, programming, optimization, testing, and documentation tasks. Works with other Technical Resources, SSC, CSE, Product Groups, and/or others in the characterization of system defects during system implementation and, on occasion, during the maintenance phase
Advanced troubleshooting of communication system infrastructure and performance optimization of RF and Broadband architecture including advanced digital P25 and data infrastructure. Provide weekly reports of activities and accomplishments. Must have very strong knowledge of wired communications systems, such as local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN). Must be capable of installation of server hardware/OS and software infrastructure and troubleshooting to resolve system/application related issues.
* Must have knowledge of R.F. systems, such as transmitters, receivers, and antenna networks
* Must have knowledge in standard telephony and dedicated data circuits, as well as knowledge of packet switching techniques
* Must be highly computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access
* Must have strong self-management skills and "people" skills to work closely with Motorola's customers and subcontractor (MSS) community, as well as Motorola Sales, Engineering, Project Management, and customer service teams
* Must be self-motivated and self-managed to perform the required duties at a distance from direct supervision
* Must be able to solve customer problems quickly during stressful situations
Duties may also include:
* Develop solutions to difficult technical problems encountered as part of system implementation, upgrades or support issues
* Totally familiar with the latest technologies and troubleshooting techniques
* Team with engineering, project management and sales personnel to effectively design, implement, optimize and cutover advanced communication systems which meet or exceed customer expectations
Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
* Engineering degree in electronics or IT preferred
* 8+ years field experience as a System technician or Engineer.
* Unique combinations of both strong multi-site RF communications system and computer/networking skills are required.
* The ideal candidate must demonstrate high level systems expertise and have a minimum of 5 years of related experience for their SME specialty:
* The Candidate must have excellent skills in the use of various test equipment for their SME specialty:
* Communication System Analyzers
* Ethernet Link test sets
* T1 Test Sets
* TIMS (Transmission Impairment Measurement Set)
* Digital RF Power Meter
* Must be capable of installation of server hardware/OS and software infrastructure and troubleshooting to resolve system/application related issues.
* Ideally the individual should have at least one industry certification in thier SME specialty:
* Network +
* Related certification
* Must have experience with one of the following: P25, LMR, Smartnet, SmartZone, RF infrastructure, ASTRO systems, radios and consoles.
* Applicant must be proficient with Microsoft Office products.
* Must have excellent communications skills and always present a professional image.
* Must have a current, valid driver's license and no traffic violations
NOTE: Must possess or acquire CET Associates and Journeyman Certifications within 6 months of hire
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Motorola Solutions will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities upon request. Motorola Solutions souscrit aux principes d'équité en matière d'emploi. Nous accueillons favorablement la diversité au sein de notre effectif. Sur demande, Motorola Solutions offrira des accommodements raisonnables aux candidats handicapés.
Motorola Solutions is a data communications and telecommunications equipment provider.