Your Role and Responsibilities
Job Role :
Be part of the agile team shaping the future of one of the world's foremost technology companies, bringing innovative network solutions and capabilities to transform one of the largest corporate global networks in the world.
IBM maintains the largest corporate network in the world and it is highly critical to the success of our business. To further improve our network resiliency and quality, diversify our technology stack, and embrace next generation networking, IBM has redesigned the Network Engineering organization. The new organizational design will enable faster, smarter decision making and deliver speed to value. As part of this redesign, we are looking for two strong Network Engineers with business leadership skills in one of the premier groups at IBM, the office of the CIO, who are responsible for enabling the success of the corporation through transformation of the network. In this position, the applicant will work with a team of talented professionals to drive business value and transform IBM's network footprint.
This position is a North American based role that will accelerate IBM strategic IT investments in Network and Voice infrastructure to meet our goals, and maximize business value. This key position works with the Network and Voice Architects and Leadership as well as the Global Infrastructure teams for deployment of solutions that meet business demand.
* Gather business requirements from stakeholders (engineers, product managers, business leaders), document specifications, and create project/sprint schedules to ensure timely and successful delivery of the project
* Forecasting, Capacity management and Lifecycle management of the network and voice services area.
* Manage vendor time and resources to work on cirtical items and projects
* Drives delivery and implementation of network and voice solutions and projects.
* Continuous interaction with leadership to ensure their needs and requirements are met.
* Track project statuses, resolve roadblocks (resource constraints, requirement ambiguity, etc.), and communicate ongoing progress to stakeholders.
* Document and maintain security and compliance of network and voice devices.
* Coach and mentor less experienced team members, promote effective teamwork and support related initiatives.
* Plan and deliver Network/Voice upgrades, installations of new products and supporting existing appliances.
Candidates should be willing to research, learn and use new technology yet focused on deliverables.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
* BS or BA degree. Engineering, Mathematics, Information Technology concentration preferred (Masters or PhD preferred)
* 5+ years of proven professional experience and expertise in ITS management in large global ITS organizations in support of a complex multi-vendor global environment PMI Certification and 3 plus years' experience in project management
* Extensive application support experience within WANs, LANs, Wireless, Call systems.
Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
Ability to operate network component analyzers, scanners, and testers.Ability to provide direction, communicate and provide strong leadership to network vendors who provide products and services.
* Demonstrate capability managing simultaneous projects, crisis situations, and successfully meeting deadlines.Readiness to travel 10% when needed.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
* Cisco, Palo Alto or other large scale vendor certifications.
* An understanding of contemporary and legacy security Network technologies.
* Basic understanding of compliance issues (eg. ISO 27001, SSAE 16, COBIT)
* Proven analytic skills and the ability to isolate and resolve complex issues.
* Demonstrated ability to defend and support ideas.
* Demonstrated communication skills.
* Experience working across diverse teams to facilitate solutions
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Master's Degree Commissionable: No
Key Job Details
* Category:Project Management
* Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
* Position Type:Professional
* Employment Type:Full-Time
* Contract Type:Regular
* Req ID:238478BR
* Location:AUSTIN, TX US