Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Network Tools Analyst
Are you a network tools guru? Do you like to solve problems? Are you super detail oriented? If so, Capital One is looking for you! We are seeking candidates with strong technical and organizational skills to work as a SME in a network tools role. Key responsibilities will include working with management to remediate process/tooling gaps and ensuring quality by creating and running compliance reports. Some onboarding/updating of network devices in the current tools will be required as we build automation for the future. Candidates should have a basic understanding of networking concepts and in-depth experience with administering network management tools. Recent exposure to Agile/Kanban methodologies, Cloud Technologies, and SDN/SD-WAN is helpful.
The candidate will be part of a team performing functions consisting of:
* Working with network operations leadership to identify and remediate process gaps and ensure all network devices are fully monitored by all network monitoring tools.
* Building scalable scripts which speed up current & future processes.
* Creating reports highlighting standards compliance and coordinating remediation as needed.
* Hands-on day-to-day processing of MACD (Move, Add, Change, Delete) requests to tools.
* Participation on Agile/Kanban team(s) to intake, process, and document requests.
* Creation and maintenance of site maps and documentation.
* Coordinating changes with the network engineering and implementation teams.
* Collaborating with the network tool architects on the requirements, enhancements, and configurations for new tools, platforms, and versions.
Ideal candidates will possess:
* Excellent oral and written communications skills are required, as well as strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
* Ability to adequately discuss technical issues with technicians, engineers, and vendors.
* Ability to balance multiple priorities.
* Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively work with people in your immediate team and with departments in or outside of the enterprise, as well as independently working as required.
* Customer service focused.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, often changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
* Ability to work as part of an integrated team that is geographically dispersed, as well as work independently as required.
* Working knowledge of SDN and SD-WAN technologies.
* Training or certifications in cloud solutions such as Amazon Web Services, Azure, and Google Cloud.
* Experience of working in a large geographically dispersed network environment.
* This position is an operational role. As such, periodic late night maintenance work and participation in an on-call rotation will be required.
* At least a high school diploma or GED
* At least 5 years of experience with Fault, Configuration, Accounting, Performance, and Security Network Protocols
* At least 5 years of experience working with data networks in either a Network Operations or Network Engineering role
* At least Bachelor's Degree
* At least 7 years of experience with network tools
* At least 5 years of experience with fault, configuration, accounting, performance, and security network tools (Cisco ACS/RADIUS, HP Network Automation, HP NNMi/Openview, NetBrain, MRTG/eHealth, Syslog-NG/Splunk, or Solarwinds)
* At least 2 years of experience with an automation programming language, such as Python or Ansible
* At least 2 years of programming or scripting experience related to networking, such as Ansible, TLC, Expect, or C++/C#
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.