What you'll be doing...
Equipment Specification/Template Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
* Analyze and Interpret Vendor equipment documentation.
* Create system templates for equipment and telemetry deployed in Verizon's network.
* Create system requirements to support new equipment capabilities in Verizon systems.
* Create test cases for new templates and functionality needed to support customer needs.
* Test and verify new templates and functionality in Verizon systems.
* Manage multiple projects at the same time and provide weekly reporting to ensure projects stay on target and within service level agreements.
* Coordinate with upstream/downstream with Planning, Capacity Engineering, Program Management teams, Provisioning, Service Assurance.
* Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, operational standards, and service level agreements.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Five or more years of job-related technical experience.
* IT, Installation/Operations and Engineering experience.
* Organized and ability to manage multiple, often conflicting priorities to successful completion.
* Strong knowledge of telecom networking, IP networks and technologies, equipment designs and configuration procedures, and inventory databases.
* Strong technical and project management capabilities as well as excellent PC and software application skills including Windows and MS Office needed.
* Excellent verbal and written skills for inter-organizational communications.
* ICON experience.
* Experience with Equipment Engineering and Equipment specifications.
* Experience with Verizon Networks.
* Experience with BGW Inventory System.
* Experience with the Automated provisioning Systems.
* Knowledge with Dev Ops and Agile practices.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.