Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing BB&T Accessibility or by calling 866-362-6451. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Configure, enhance and operate the enterprise network infrastructure, diagnostic tools, automation, and recovery systems using standard or proprietary scripting and utilities. Responsible for complex analysis and resolution of escalated problems within the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Provide Tier III level support for network issues that come through the customer support center.
2. Ensure adherence of wiring, equipment, and code configurations of enterprise network equipment.
3. Provide assistance in network planning engineering, architecture and the development of technical standards, including the development and distribution of documentation.
4. Execute system tuning and make recommendations for improvements.
5. Support training of less experienced personnel.
6. Provide 24x7 on-call availability for supported infrastructure.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent education and related training
2. Six years of relevant experience in Information Technology
3. A grounded understanding of applied enterprise network technology
4. Experience with Cisco Routing & Switching
5. Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite
6. Advanced knowledge of data flow, mainframe/client server systems, problem analysis, and system tuning
7. Experience with network interfaces and technologies
8. Resourcefulness in multi-tasking, anticipating needs, developing creative solutions, and researching/synthesizing information to resolve problems with moderate supervision
9. The capacity to acquire complex technical concepts through training and self study
10. Ability to move and install technical equipment
11. Ability to travel as needed
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify