Please note that our Manhattan office will be relocating to Industry City in Brooklyn, NY this year.
Who we are
The Vera Institute of Justice, founded in 1961, is an independent, non-partisan, nonprofit organization that combines expertise in research, technical assistance, and demonstration projects to assist leaders in government and civil society examine justice policy and practice and improve the systems people rely on for justice and safety. We're passionate. We're dynamic. We're innovative. In a nutshell, we drive meaningful change. What this means is that:
* We study problems that impede human dignity and justice.
* We pilot solutions that are at once transformative and achievable.
* We engage diverse communities in informed debate.
* We harness the power of evidence to drive effective policy and practice.
* We practice "being the change we want to see" and continually look for ways to make an impact at positive change.
The Information Technology Department ensures the stability and integrity of the institute's in-house network infrastructure and services. The Network Systems Administrator will install, configure, maintain and support the Institute's network infrastructure, services and computer systems and will provide technical support to all staff in a host of ways. Reporting to the Manager of Information Technology and working closely with NY-based IT staff, the network systems administrator's responsibilities include the following:
* Handle the maintenance, troubleshooting and updating of the network and security infrastructure, including tests and implementations of vendor security patches, and workarounds for un-patched security vulnerabilities
* Handle the management and support of the company's Smartphone & mobile device portfolio
* Handle network/system administration duties including, but not limited to, installing, testing, configuring, monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network services, network hardware & printers, Wifi systems, user workstations, tape backups, laptops, software, and peripheral devices
* Collaborate with our Internet providers to address any issues with Internet Connection
* Assist with the troubleshooting of all issues related to VOIP phone systems
* Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network component inventory and related documentation and technical specification
* Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry
* Provide day-to-day technical support (level 1, 2 & 3) via the Help Desk to employees working in institute offices, as well as remotely
* Participle in the implementation of solutions for cloud based projects (AWS) across various offices
* Facilitate Information Technology trainings, workshops & seminars as needed to Vera staff and IT orientations for new hires
* Provide limited support of the in-house events and meetings that require audio/video services and web conferencing and troubleshoot issues related to A/V systems before escalating to our AV company.
* Other duties as assigned.
You have strong hands-on technical knowledge of VMWARE, IT security, Active Directory, Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office, networking software & hardware, protocols (DHCP, DNS, VPN, TCP/IP, VOIP, etc.); Microsoft Office 365 for business and MS SQL server. You should also have some experience in web conferencing, network switch & firewall configuration, wireless networks, email, smartphone, and PC imaging.
In addition, you possess the following skills/experience:
* Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or a related field required; Certifications in VMWARE, CCNA, MCSA, MCSE or MCP strongly desired;
* Five to seven years' experience with LAN/network design, implementation and network administration required;
* Excellent written & verbal communication and customer service skills.
* Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
Compensation: High 70K to Low 80K range based on experience; excellent benefits.
Work will primarily be during the institute's customary business hours, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., however candidates may on occasion be required to work some nights and weekends.
How to Apply
Online submission in PDF format (through Vera's careers page) is preferred.
However, if necessary, materials may be mailed or faxed to
ATTN: Human Resources / Network Systems Administrator
Vera Institute of Justice
233 Broadway, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10279
Fax: (212) 941-9407
No phone calls, please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Vera is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, citizenship status, current employment status, or caregiver status.
Vera works to advance justice, particularly racial justice, in an increasingly multicultural country and globally connected world. We value diverse experiences, including with regard to educational background and justice system contact, and depend on a diverse staff to carry out our mission.
For more information about Vera's work, please visit www.vera.org