Network/System Administrator III
The primary function is working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, such as HQ Air Force, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and Military Compartments efforts. The position will provide day-to-day support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program(SAP) activities.
Performance shall include:
* Install, maintain, audit and support a secure MS Windows network environment and limited web/data applicationservice
* Maintain internet applications and protocols IP,TCP,HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, &SSL
* Maintain file servers, Firewalls, network access, Security Monitoring Systems and system documentation as required
* Interface with local customers and provide IT related support to quickly resolveproblems
* Perform periodic maintenance, hardware upgrades and replacement, firmware updates and system configuration changes
* Perform scheduled tape backups on systems asrequired
* Manage data backup library to include storage of tapes, disks and other magnetic media at the customers location and off-site storage facilities asrequired
* Attend planning and requirements meetings with IT staff, Program Managers and customers as required
* Prepare system for operational use and support operationaltests
* Provide technicalguidance
* Provide leadership, mentoring, and quality assurance for TeamMembers
* 5 - 7 years relatedexperience
* Bachelors degree in a related area or equivalent experience (4years)
* Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 2 within 6 months of the date ofhire
* Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
* Eligibility for access to Special Access ProgramInformation
* Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligencepolygraph
* Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2000/2003/2007 Server, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003,Microsoft Windows XP/Vista operating systems (OS) administration andassociated hardware
* Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide AreaNetwork (WAN) technologies
Certifications:Security Clearance:Other Requirements:
and data backup technologies to include communication security (COMSEC) integration.
* Working knowledge of JAFAN 6/0, DCID/JAFAN 6/3, DCID/JAFAN 6/9, and Joint DODIIS/Cryptologic SCI Information Systems Security Standards, Common Criteria, and System Security Policy as they relate toC&A
* Working knowledge and current relevant experience with PL1 & PL2 systems; experiencewith
PL3 & PL4 cross domain solutions is a plus
* Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate DCIDs/JAFANs and other guiding policydocuments
* Ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industrypartners
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, andExcel)
* Requires travel within the organizational geographic Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and groundtransportation)
Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
TENICA and Associates LLC is a provider of government services and consulting solutions in the areas of national defense, homeland and cyber security. TENICA provides knowledgeable and experienced subject matter experts to perform a variety of professional services, logistics and supply chain management, crisis prevention and response, and information technology solutions to solve dynamic security challenges. Founded in 2008 and based in Alexandria, Virginia, TENICA is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned, Woman Owned, Small Business (SDVOB and WOSB) and is a participant in the Small Business Administrations 8(a) business development program.