At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
Defines, designs and implements network communications and solution improvements to FLIR's internal network and customer-facing systems. Proposes and implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the network communication systems. Coordinates network orders, installation, system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing and servicing.
* Responsible for the maintenance and configuration of network systems in a multi-site environment.
* Firewall configuration and implementation.
* MS Exchange configuration and maintenance.
* Responsible for configuration and maintenance of Azure / o365
* Ensures the accessibility and availability of network resources (Servers, Firewalls, Wireless, E-mail systems, VPN appliances, etc.) are maintained.
* Provides level 2/3 support to IT operations personnel.
* Perform system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
* Create, modify, and maintain Active Directory group policies, and security permissions.
* Works with other functional IT areas to ensure that IT best practices, policies and procedures are adhered to.
* Performs other IT-related tasks as required.
Ideal candidates for this role will have prior work experience at a company with 500+ users with multiple sites. Highly desired skills are Firewall configuration and implementation, MS Exchange configuration and maintenance, Azure and office 365 configuration and maintenance.
* Thorough understanding of networking concepts (Routing, Switching, Messaging, VLAN's)
* In-depth knowledge of Microsoft, Palo Alto, and HP/Aruba platforms.
* In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Azure and Microsoft O365
* Working knowledge of Network infrastructure (LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, SIP)
* In-depth experience with Active Directory, CA, DNS, DHCP, DFS, VPN technologies.
* Working knowledge of Windows Server 2012/2016/2019
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange.
* Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Able to work with minimum supervision and be self-motivated.
* Must possess a strong knowledge of new technologies.
* Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills.
* Must be willing to work outside normal business hours when needed.
* Ability to actively participate in team development and promote team-oriented processes.
* Capability to think outside the box.
* Willingness to support global multisite environments
* 5+ years' experience with network systems or BA degree or higher
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.