About the Position:
The JTAC Technical Support Engineer will support Security & Routing products, working directly with our customers and partners. Work with highly knowledgeable group of customers and as escalation point for other TAC groups within the organization. Troubleshoot complicated hardware and software issues, replicate customer environments and network problems in the lab. Provide technical expertise and guidance during testing, deployment and operational phases of networks. Be a customer advocate for timely resolution of issues and for problem reproduction and escalation. Document and reproduce customer related networking problems, and if necessary coordinate fixes by engineering department. Develop technical specialties and prepare technology white papers on these areas. Participate in cross functional tasks such as Knowledge base article management and other documentation activities. Help improve processes and tools.
* Provide Tier 3 Support for VARs, Distributors, service providers, enterprise customers, and end users via telephone, e-mail, and web.
* Ability to escalate the case at the right time
* Perform review of cases and provide quality feedback
* Provide on-site support for customers when needed.
* Write technical notes, application notes, case studies, knowledge base entries, and solutions for the Technical Assistance Center website.
* Ability to travel (both domestic and abroad) is probable (although this would be a small percentage of time).
* Ability to work on a weekend (either being staffed or through oncall methods)
* BS in engineering or computer science along with 1-2 years supporting enterprise IP networks
* JNCIS, JNCIE CCIE is a plus
* Strong TCP/IP knowledge. Strong understanding of Routing and routing-protocol experience required, with strong transferable skills in other networking disciplines.
* Routing Protocol Knowledge (OSPF, BGP, RIP) skills required. Experience with IS-IS, MPLS, Multicast and various WAN protocols, and knowledge of C and scripting are pluses.
* Working knowledge in both Unix/Linux and Windows
* The ideal candidate will be able to analyze sniffer traces and be able to resolve various routing issues.
* Strong Understanding of High Availability concepts (HSRP, VRRP)
* Knowledge of Security Technologies (Firewall and VPN)
* Working Knowledge of Load Balancing concepts
* Excellent Communications and Interpersonal Skills required, with a passion for the Internet, its growth, and related new technologies.
* Ability to learn and integrate new technologies in a fast-paced environment.
* Relocation is not available for this position
* Travel requirements for the position 5-15%