The Division of Information Technology seeks highly motivated, dedicated and energetic full-time, Stevens undergraduate students to work up to 35 hours per week during the Summer 2018 semester as a Student Network Technician.
Ideally, the applicant will be interested in continuing to work into the Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 semesters for up to 15 hours per week.
* Must be Stevens undergraduate students.
* Must be in good academic standing.
* Work Study eligibility is NOT a requirement.
* All majors are welcome to apply.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required, and of fundamental importance.
* Capable of working in a fast paced, dynamic and highly collaborative environment.
* Excellent customer service orientation required, and successful prior customer service experience would be beneficial.
* Demonstrated ability to quickly and thoroughly learn technologies, support processes, and user service techniques.
* Strong analytical skills and ability to solve problems.
* Competency in Microsoft technologies, including Windows and Office suite.
* Competency in mainstream technologies including computer configurations, web browsers, the Internet, email, etc.
* Maintenance of the network infrastructure.
* Installation and testing of new equipment.
* Conducting analysis of the wireless infrastructure.
* Provide support for various projects within Information Technology and the Stevens community as requested / directed.
* Gain an in-depth understanding of all aspects of the department's operations and procedures.
* Update departmental documentation and ticketing system resources.
* Ensure a professional and courteous customer experience.
* Other duties as assigned.
Office of Networking and Systems Administration
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police