Andromeda Systems Incorporated (ASI) develops enterprise software used by physical asset managers to keep their equipment and fleets performing at their highest levels. Our customers include the Department of Defense, commercial fleet operators, and industrial facilities. We meet our customers challenges by developing state of the art solutions that bring together the fields of computer science, operations research, data science, and reliability engineering using the latest industry technologies. ASI has been on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies in America for 8 years.
ASI is seeking Network Specialist System Administrators to support client requirements in Arlington, VA. We have opportunities for mid-level and senior candidates.
* Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations
* Formulates architectural design, functional specifications, interfaces and documentation of hardware or software systems considering system interrelationships, operating modes and software or equipment configurations within Microsoft Exchange
* Researches, designs, develops, and tests operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific, and general computing applications
* Sets operational specifications and formulates and analyzes software requirements. May design embedded systems software
* Applies principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis
* Provides technical solutions to complex integration problems associated with business solutions built using Microsoft Lync Server 2010/2013 or Skype for Business. Plan/Design/Implement/Maintain with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Certificate Authority, IIS. Plan/Design/Implement/Maintain with OCS 2007 R2, 2010, 2013. Install, configure, and maintain an organization's local area network (LAN), data communications network, operating systems, and physical and virtual servers
* Performs System monitoring and verifies the integrity and availability of hardware, network, and server resources and systems. Reviews System and application logs and verifies completion of scheduled jobs, including system backups
* Analyzes network and server resource consumption and controls user access
* Installs and upgrades software and maintains software licenses
* May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software
* Plans, implements, upgrades, or monitors security measures for the protection of computer networks and information. Ensures appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure
* Responds to computer security breaches and viruses
* BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related IT discipline
* Six (6) years of experience in an enterprise LAN/MAN/WAN environment
* Four (4) years of experience in network administration and analysis
* Experience working with appropriate complex network administration and maintenance
* Experience working with complex system implementations and organizational processes to include maintaining network system documentation
* Experience maintaining the integrity and security of networks and connected systems
* Experience evaluating vendor products and making recommendations to purchase hardware, software, and coordinating installation
* Experience in developing and monitoring policies and standards related to the use of computing resources
* Experience in developing and implementing testing strategies and documenting results
* Certified as:
* MCSA Microsoft Certified System Administrator or
* VCP VMware Certified Professional
* IAT Level II baseline certification in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program (or achieve within six months of TOA of hiring)
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
* Must be a U.S. Citizen
* Must have Secret clearance based upon a SSBI or SSBI-PR completed within the past five years.
For more information about this and other open positions, please visit our website at www.androsysinc.com.
Andromeda Systems Incorporated is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. As such, 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 41 CFR 60-300.5, 41 CFR 60-741.5 as well as 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A are herein incorporated by reference, to the extent applicable.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.