Title: Network Specialist (Switches, Routers, Hubs, Linux OS)
Location: Greenbelt, MD
ASRC Federal InuTeq provides High Performance Computing services throughout the HPC lifecycle for computational requirements, architecture, acquisition, and operations to federal government customers. Our employees embrace innovation and are committed to a culture of continuous, standards-driven process improvement and assimilation of industry best practices. We are seeking a Network Specialist for our NASA NACS High Performance Computing contract.
Summary: You will be an active member of the ASRC Federal account team, interacting with the Program Manager, Site Lead, Customer, and site staff attending regularly scheduled customer meetings to keep the customer informed of activities and progress, answer customer inquiries concerning all aspects of the various HPC systems and private and public cloud infrastructures.
Performs entry-level network work which involves assisting in the development, implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of a local area network or wide area networks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assists in maintaining the local area network or wide area network, cable and hub installations, and inventories
* Assists in maintaining the network's physical and logical structures and in installing and testing hardware and software.
* Assists in performance tuning and capacity planning activities to enhance the performance of the network resources and in maintaining network support software.
* Assists in or conducts product evaluations of upgraded or new hardware and software and identifies strengths, weaknesses, and potential benefits to the agency
* Support Security related tasks and projects
* Support technical projects.
* Monitor and perform capacity/feasibility studies and help resolve network capacity issues
* Identify, develop, and deploy tools supporting network server services
* Plan and schedule work to meet deadlines established by others to ensure the completion of several related tasks
Education/Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other technical discipline required or equivalent experience
* Demonstrate an understanding of network connectivity for physical and virtualized servers and Storage Area Network (SAN)
* Hands-on experience configuring switches and routers
* Experience with network cabling and cable management
* Experience with Linux Server Operating Systems
* Familiarity with DNS and DHCP services
* Familiar with Open Networking, specifically Cumulus Linux is a plus
* Familiarity with the administration of services such as web, mail, ssh, database, etc. is a plus
* Familiarity with version control systems (e.g. git) is a plus
* Scripting or programming skills is a plus
* Working knowledge of Puppet
* Familiar with NIST and FISMA regulations
* Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
* Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work, and ability to multitask
* Good communication skills to communicate with support personnel, customer, and managers
US citizenship and the ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance are mandatory requirements for this position
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.