Network Software Engineer
Who is Cray?
Our business is supercomputing. Our primary aim is understanding the problems our customers are trying to solve and developing the technologies that enable them to make the discoveries that better our world. Cray combines computation and creativity so visionaries can keep asking questions that challenge the limits of possibility. Drawing on more than 45 years of experience, Cray develops the world's most advanced supercomputers, pushing the boundaries of performance, efficiency and scalability. Cray continues to innovate today at the convergence of data and discovery, offering a comprehensive portfolio of supercomputers, high-performance storage, data analytics and artificial intelligence solutions.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. CRAY Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who We Need
For those who ask what if, Cray is a partner that merges computation and creativity to extend the boundaries of what you can discover. Our greatest achievements are realized when we face what seems impossible, and that's why we invite those who believe anything is possible to join us and to keep asking what if, why not, and what's next.
At Cray we're always looking way down the road … years, even decades into the future. We're not developing products for next quarter. We're developing products for questions our customers might not even know they have yet. That's how high-performance computing works. So as you can imagine, we pay very close attention to what's coming … and that includes the next generation of computer scientists and engineers. These individuals are going to be the ones shouldering an awesome responsibility in the coming decades as big data gets bigger, artificial intelligence flexes its muscles more and more, and problems grow in complexity.
We are seeking motivated and skilled senior software engineer to join our Network team as we advance our goal of bringing HPC (High Performance Computing) to the world. The ideal candidates will have strong technical and interpersonal skills, a deep set of hands-on experiences with both public and private cloud platforms and mission-critical production workloads, a passion for network-related, full-stack automation, development, and operational technologies, and an interest in the world of HPC.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Influence the way Cray manages the network of our exascale HPC system
* Work with industry leading teams (in-house, Kubernetes Engineering, Docker Engineering) to facilitate such architectures and implementation
* Discuss network opportunities with key customers and translate into engineering requirements and architecture
* Contribute learnings to the larger community via written guidance and presentations
* Mentorship and development of team technical delivery personnel
* Contribute to the broader Cray R&D engineering community
Requirements Background and Experience:
* A sound track-record of shipping products in multiple delivery environments including SaaS and integrated hardware.
* Passion to drive the next-generation network of High Performance Computing
* Comfortable with Software-Defined Networking, Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure, Microservices (preferably in Go, C, C++, Java), and Kubernetes
* Demonstrating thought leadership in network management in a full CI/CD pipeline
* Demonstrated experience in Agile methodologies, both in practice and in coaching/mentoring/teaching others, experience with Scrum
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field; MS preferred.
* 8+ years industry experience in a similar role
* Linux software development expertise, with proven ability to produce high quality deliverables
* Proficient programming in C++ or Go
* Ability to work well within a team, including working with different geographies and time zones
* An open-mind and a willingness to learn and grow
* Able to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences
* Experience in automating large-scale deployments with modern tools (Ansible, etc.).
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organization.
* Please note that Cray does not use Google Hangouts for any interviews.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with CRAY will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
Cray designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and services computing systems, and data analytics and artificial intelligence solutions.