Network Services Engineer II
Robert Half is seeking a Network Services Engineer II to provide the following functions, with the goal of offering precise operational support services to the company and our end-users. Support Services encompass Engineering level support and infrastructure design implementation for our global RHI and Protiviti DATA and VoIP networks to include but not limited to: hotline support calls, ServiceNow support of KTLO & MAC (moves, adds & changes) case requests, IT & Operational consultative support services, Enhancement design & implementation, standard reoccurring maintenance & patching of network services as required, internal projects support, wireless design, voice engineering & operations and contact center engineering & operations.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Participate in 24 x 7 on-call rotation for Network Operations Support group.
* Identify areas where equipment is reaching EOL & EOS and needs to be replaced or upgraded. Maintain accurate inventory of all Data and Telecom infrastructure equipment, maintenance and support contracts and service agreements.
* Answer incoming Hotline calls and create or edit Service / Help Desk cases for each incident. Each incident must be correctly classified and clearly documented and assigned to the appropriate NSE operational queue.
* Perform basic level support for incidents as they are received via the hotline including initial assessment, troubleshooting and resolution as able.
* Escalate issues to level II, level III and level IV as required.
* Monitor system tool's incoming group email to generate new service incidents as received. Each item must be clearly documented and assigned to the appropriate Network Services Queue.
* Monitor operational system tools for incoming alerts via all methods to perform service analysis, report upon trending data and generate new support service incidents while maintaining KB database.
* Process basic support requests for voice and data incidents based on monitoring events. Manage & monitor all aspects of the delivery and implementation process of support fix to completion.
* Communicate with users via telephone or email as required. Communicates status of ongoing open items to appropriate team members and management.
* Maintains the documentation of circuit inventory in the appropriate databases.
* Submit requests to AIPD Provisioning & Logistics team to order new Data & Telecom circuits and coordinate vendor installation test & turn-up as necessary.
* Responsible for complex edge site KTLO Design Enhancement implementation. Performing DATA and VoIP service upgrades and patches reviewed by NSE team while documenting the process of applying patch or upgrade.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
* 4+years IT experience with CCNA or 3+ Years Networking experience or CCNP
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Excellent verbal/written communication
* Desire to work in a collaborative and partnering environment
* Apply good judgment
* Intermediate level analytical skills to identify problems and troubleshoot resolutions
* Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback.
* Quick learner, with willingness to participate in process improvement needs
* Complex knowledge of MPLS, DIA (Direct Internet Access) T1, Ethernet, Fiber Optics
* Hands on experience & understanding of EIGRP, OSPF, DMVPN
* Knowledge of Spanning Tree, VLAN's, VTP, Trunking protocols. VoIP, L2 cabling standards, FW access list and security group policies, Monitoring tools.
* Proficient at troubleshooting L2/L3 issues.
* Experience with Cisco routers, switches.
* Complex understanding of Wireless systems.
* Experience with Sniffer and other advanced troubleshooting tools.
* Ability to perform complex edge site VoIP support and implementation. Perform service upgrades and patches review by NSE team while documenting the process of applying patch or upgrade.
* VoIP System include but are not limited to: User Communications devices, VoIP Telecom switches, Telecom Distributed Management systems, circuit databases, VoIP applications and plug-ins
* Ability to perform complex edge site ViVO support and implementation. Perform service upgrades and patches review by NSE team while documenting the process of applying patch or upgrade.
* ViVO System include but are not limited to: Teleconferencing systems and services, Skype for Business services, CaaS & SaaS based services
* Ability to perform basic Proxy Systems support MACs. Audit and edit of RH & PRO documentation and DBs
* Ability to perform complex Wireless Systems support MACs. Audit and edit of RH & PRO documentation and DBs
* Ability to perform basic FW & Sec Systems support MACs. Audit and edit of RH & PRO documentation and DBs
At Robert Half, there's more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it's like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California corporate office. We are Robert Half - Take a look!
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half's corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
* The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
* The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to: Corporate Staffing Robert Half 2613 Camino Ramon San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
CA SAN RAMON CORP
About Robert Half
Robert Half provides skilled professionals in the fields of accounting and finance, technology, legal, creative, marketing, and administration.