Network Security Specialist
Req #: 222734
Location: Arlington, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: Top Secret
CACI, Inc. has an immediate opening for a highly-organized Network Security Specialist to join our mission-driven team. If you thrive in a challenging, fast-paced work environment with a variety of job duties, we invite you to consider this as your next career move. This role offers the opportunity to work with a team of seasoned technical and analytical thinking professionals who thrive on supporting our client's cybersecurity mission and growth objectives.
What You'll Get to Do:
Position will be responsible for identification of network anomolies analysis based on government-wide incident response reviews, research and analysis that involves formulating both well-thought out processes and exercises for assigned cybersecurity network activities, presenting process and network security mitigation findings to senior management and other agencies, preparing recommendations for organizational immediate actions, and establishing format and reporting requirements.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Active Top Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI is required (must have held a SCI level clearance within the past 18 months). In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
* Bachelor's Degree required plus 5-9 years directly related work
Additional Required Qualifications:
* Conduct technical analysis of network traffic to identify anomalies, which may represent potentially malicious activity, and document the analysis in prescribed formats
* Monitor and understand emerging threats on open source, defined as those technical vulnerabilities and exploits that could present a threat to government networks, analyze tools and exploits, and document the analysis in prescribed formats
* Monitor IDS/IPS alerts, analyze associated network traffic, and document the analysis in prescribed formats
* Report detected incidents to agencies, work toward resolution, escalate when required according to SOP
* Development of IDS/IPS signatures based on indicators and analysis
* Testing of IDS/IPS signatures to determine successful detection and level of false positives
* Deployment of IDS/IPS signatures based on SOPs
* Conduct technical analysis of data from partners, constituents, and monitoring systems to understand the nature of attacks, threats, and vulnerabilities
* Assist with the development of mitigation strategies
* Coordinate, communicate, share information, with CS&C and NCCIC components
* Deploy to provide on-site support and assistance in the event of an exercise or cyber incident
* Identify and document network-based tactics, techniques, and procedures used by an attacker to gain unauthorized system access
* Participate in inter-agency sponsored community of interest analysis groups, and technical briefings and exchanges.
* Assist with developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures
* Support the collection and reporting of performance metrics
* Advanced skills in developing IDS signatures and ability to conceptualize IDS signatures from otherwise disparate information
* Highly proficient in working with SNORT IDS software
* In-depth understanding of SOC/NOC operations
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* DODD 8570 Level II certification (SANS certifications, CISSP)
* Experience leading and managing within SOC/NOC operations
* Familiarity with Kill Chain for incident response
* Familiarity with malware analysis
* Familiarity with forensics
* Familiarity with incident response products and best practices
* Experience with database (e.g. MS Access, SQL) and/or portal administration (e.g. SharePoint)
* Customer service experience
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.