Network Security Engineer - Virtual Platforms
Req #: 222247
Location: Springfield, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Our Team has an exciting and challenging opportunity available for a Network Security Engineer supporting an Intelligence Community customer's Virtual Platforms presence wide-area (WAN), local-area (LAN) and campus-area (CAN) networks across multiple security domains. The Network Security Engineer will be actively involved with all phases of security design, implementation, proactive monitoring, troubleshooting and analysis of firewalls, IDSs, VPNs, security controls and policies. Develop system specifications, architecture designs, integration and test plans, and all relevant documentation. Develop security assessment and mitigation strategies. Maintain compliance with DOD Information Assurance requirements as well as ensuring service performance indicators are met or exceeded.
What You'll Get to Do:
* Work with customer leadership to research, analyze, and implement enterprise-wide network security solutions/capabilities/enhancements on multiple Virtual Platforms to support customer business/mission goals and objectives.
* Assist with designs, analyses, tests and implementation of state-of-the-art secure network architectures on multiple virtual platforms.
* Conduct risk assessment and provide recommendations for design.
* Conduct encryption technology, penetration and vulnerability analysis of various security technologies, and information technology security research
* Manage Virtual Platform remote network security as well as incident and problem management.
* Oversee security infrastructure sustainment, maintenance, and advanced configuration. (firewalls, web gateways, mail gateways, IDS, intrusion detection systems, and management tools).
* Responsible for development and execution of standard operating procedures for security tools on multiple Virtual Platforms.
* Create and maintain System Security Authorization Agreement (SSAA) documentation, create and maintain Plan of Action and Milestones for each system.
* Evaluate and report on new network Security technologies to enhance capabilities of the network on multiple Virtual Platforms.
* Act as liaison to the contract and customer management, and government Designated Approving Authority (DAA) with regard to multiple Virtual Platform network security status, policies, and procedures.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
* DOD 8570 IAT Level II certification.
* Security Clearance: active TS/SCI with eligibility for Polygraph
* Ability to work weekends and evening hours as needed
* Excellent writing and communication skills, including the ability to develop analytical documents and present oral presentations to senior/executive management
* Proficient is MS Office suite - Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
* Travel up to 10% of the time.
* 8+ years related technical experience in Network Security.
* 6+ years related technical experience in Virtual Platform Network Security.
* 4+ years experience with large-scale enterprise/global networks in a high paced diverse environment.
* Interaction with various Virtual Platform environments including provisioning and managing VMs.
* Understanding and experience with the DoD Architecture Framework and other key DoD network architecture and strategic planning instructions.
* Proven experience with Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503 instructions; system accreditation and security system documentation.
* Proven application of ISO 27000 information security management principles.
* Expert knowledge of CISCO firewall/VPN equipment (Adaptive Security Appliance, etc).
* Expert knowledge of IP services (IPv4, VPN, IPv6, Multicast, QOS, SNMP, VOIP, VTC, etc).
* Experience in providing status reports and products to senior management and customers.
* Experience with managing and tracking ATCs and closures of liens to obtain an ATO.
* Experience with Palo Alto Networks Firewalls or any NGFW and IPS/IDS.
* Experience with plans, designs, and evaluations of security systems and architectures on multiple Virtual Platforms.
* Experience with Unix, RHELS OS, Windows Enterprise AD architecture and VMWare virtualization experience.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
* Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
* CCNP Security and/or CCNA Security certification
* AWS certification
* MS Azure certification
* ITIL certification
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.