The Senior Security Engineer is an integral part of the network security program in the ongoing design, testing, and implementation and maintenance of network infrastructure. This role provides technical support in the hardening of routers and switches, security response actions, security compliance reporting, and best practices across world-wide networks.
Major Duties (including but not limited to any combination of the following):
* Perform technical duties in support of the in-house Information Systems Security program
* Participate in the selection, evaluation, implementation, and security of network infrastructure and support systems/applications.
* Perform system security hardening of network infrastructure and support systems
* Design and implement scripts (Python, Perl, Shell, or other) to automate security hardening and assist in compliance reporting
* Provide technical support and response to security requests from the local Cyber Security Service Provider (CSSP)
* Provide technical support for responding to and implementing mitigation(s) across the networks and support systems, in support of Red/Blue Team assessments and other inspections
* Provide technical guidance on best practices and assist network engineers in the development of User Guides, Standard Operating Procedures, and Policies.
* Perform other duties as assigned in support of security functions
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field preferred.
Cisco and Juniper networking experience desired (CCNA level or above)
Experience with HP Network Automation, Ansible, Linux experience, and Python and Shell scripting a plus.
* Due to the nature of this program, US Citizenship is required
* Minimum 2 years of Cyber Security and 5 years of Networking experience
* Demonstrates a strong ability to communicate security concepts effectively, both orally and in writing, with senior staff, system owners, and technical and non-technical users
* Solid understanding of current technology trends, security best practices, and cyber security threats
* Ability to troubleshoot issues and work with engineers/vendors to resolve issues with security configurations
* Self-starter with a willingness to learn about a variety of security concepts
* Strong customer service orientation with the ability to build effective relationships
* Able to work collaboratively within all levels of the organization, to include colleagues, users, contractor and vendors
* Strong attention to detail coupled with excellent organization and follow up skills
* Ability to function efficiently and effectively in a high pressure environment with changing priorities
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.