First Republic Bank
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
Information Security supports the Bank's business objectives by implementing state-of-the-art cybersecurity technologies and practices so that we are well prepared to protect our systems and data from cyberattacks and other unplanned disruptions.
Discover the independence to grow and drive change.
As a Network Security Engineer, you'll provide security oversight to First Republic's computing environment. Your responsibilities will include monitoring and investigating security events as reported by the Bank's security incident and event monitoring (SIEM) system, developing SIEM correlation rules to meet regulatory compliance requirements, identifying and addressing potential data loss channels, and staying apprised of potential security challenges through the gathering and processing of cyber intelligence.
In this position, you'll have the opportunity to work closely with other Network Security Engineers and Information Services colleagues to ensure that logging and monitoring is integrated with the various networks, systems and database architectures and that security policies are being effectively employed.
What you'll do as a Network Security Engineer - Temporary:
* Assist with the configuration, maintenance and monitoring of information security monitoring systems that provide logging, monitoring and actionable alerting. Systems include intrusion detection systems and intrusion prevention systems (IDS/IPS), database activity monitoring, vulnerability scanners and SIEM.
* Ensure appropriate IDS/IPS configurations, logging and correlations for network security controls.
* Develop and implement SIEM use cases to support the monitoring of the Bank's infrastructure
* Ensure that regulatory and legal compliance (for example, with Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and Sarbanes-Oxley Act requirements) is maintained, as well as compliance with Bank policy.
* Support the incident response team by providing tier 2 support to incident handlers.
* Support the enterprise data loss prevention program by identifying and controlling data loss channels and working with the business units to address their data loss prevention requirements as needed.
* Provide security consulting services to various projects and assist the Information Security Architect in the design of security solutions.
You could be a great fit if you have:
* A bachelor's degree in computer science or the equivalent
* Technical network certifications (e.g., Cisco Certified Network Associate, Cisco Certified Network Associate Security) and security certifications (e.g., Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge, Certified Cloud Security Professional, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Systems Security Professional, GIAC Certified Incident Handler, Certified Ethical Hacker) (preferred)
* Proficiency with TCP/IP networks, IDS/IPS, firewalls, switches, network monitoring and sniffing, virtual private network systems, Windows and Linux environments, Active Directory, encryption schemas and algorithms, various authorization and authentication mechanisms and software, and vulnerability and threat management tools (including network-based scanners)
* Experience with database activity monitoring systems and web application firewalls (preferred)
* An understanding of controls (e.g., access control, auditing, authentication, encryption, integrity, physical security and application security)
* The ability to provide quality deliverables on time and within budget
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with both technical and nontechnical individuals
* A willingness to be a team player and to mentor other employees to improve their skills and effectiveness
* The ability to design, resource, conduct and complete projects independently and with minimal supervision
* A commitment to provide extraordinary service and further First Republic's culture and values
* Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
* Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hardworking team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.
About First Republic Bank
First Republic Bank offers private banking, private business banking and private wealth management services.