Network Security Engineer San Francisco, CA
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Dropbox is the home for your most important stuff-now we're bringing it to life with a growing family of products. As we scale our global brand, there's plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people around the world. Dropbox is looking for a Network Security Engineer, come help us build a bigger and better Dropbox!
Our infrastructure engineering team builds the layer from which all Dropbox experiences are built. As our user base and product family continues to grow, we are responsible for strengthening this foundation by building a highly available, scalable, secure production network. You'll be part of a small team that has a huge impact on the world. As part of the Network Engineering team, you will have the chance to create and build the network that connects Dropbox's service with our global users. Your focus on Network Security will enable you to build, manage, and audit all the network security policies, components, tools and activities that keep our network secure of intruders and safe for our users and services.
* You will contribute to Dropbox's production network, management tools, and all security components to grow to ensure our network and datacenter infrastructure safe, secure, and available
* You will lead all network security efforts from within the Network Engineering team
* You will collaborate with Infrastructure Security and other security teams to align on company wide initiatives
* You will participate in a periodic on-call rotation
* BS, MS, or PhD in Network Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
* 8+ years of industry related experience
* Extensive experience with network design, deployment, operations and troubleshooting, including running network devices (Cisco and Juniper hardware/software among others)
* Solid understanding of network security, including network security procedures, security protocols, security devices, appliances and software
* Extensive experience with data centers and best practices
* Extensive experience running very large-scale, public-facing websites
* Understanding of all the infrastructure pieces and protocols needed to make big sites go
* Deep understanding of TCP/IP, IPv6, routing protocols (BGP/OSPF/ISIS), MPLS traffic engineering, datacenter switching, network design
* Solid knowledge of scripting and network software (Python, C, scripting)
* This position will require some travel
Benefits and Perks
* 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
* 401k + company match
* Market competitive total compensation package
* Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
* Wellness Reimbursement
* Generous vacation policy
* 10 company paid holidays
* Volunteer time off
* Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Dropbox (formerly known as Evenflow) is a company that provides a cloud storage and collaboration platform.