Summary and Responsibilities
Are you passionate about working with the best information security team in the world? Bank
of America is hiring top talent to join our team.
The Cyber Security Defense (CSD) function within Global Information Security is responsible
for all aspects of threat intelligence and monitoring, application and network security, and
insider threat. In addition, the CSD team drives out the enterprise-wide cyber exercise
The Network Security Engineer has accountability for researching, designing, engineering,
implementing, and supporting network security solutions. You will utilize in-depth technical
knowledge and business requirements to help design and implement a secure solution.
It is imperative that you have a solid knowledge of Cisco ISE, advanced router/switch ability,
802.1X, and 3rd party security controls.
You will regularly collaborate with experts both in country and in other regions, so excellent
communication skills are very important. If you are seeking a demanding role within Global
Information Security (GIS) and have the required skills, this will be a great opportunity for
you. Typically, applicants should have 5 to 7 years of cybersecurity or engineering
Required Skills and Experience
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in security or engineering discipline
* Solid experience with designing and deploying security solutions for Network Access
* Control as well as experience with Firewalls, IDS/IPS, WAF, Proxies, DLP, DDoS, and malware inspections solutions
* Demonstrate expertise with Cisco ISE and IEEE 802.1x
* Experience with Cisco ISE and HPE/Aruba, as well as other with other third party network security controls such as Bluecoat, Fortigate, Checkpoint, Juniper, F5 ASM, Cisco, or FireEye
* Solid experience configuring, deploying, installing, and troubleshooting Cisco routers, switches, and components in a medium to large business
* Cisco ACS RADIUS and TACACS experience
* Knowledge Private Key Infrastructure (PKI) / Certificate Authority
* Python development experience
* Ability to quickly diagnose the problem areas and come up with solutions and/or workarounds
* Ability to understand the requirements and analyze the technical feasibility and design against the requirements.
* Able to work effectively with remote locations including onsite/offshore stakeholder streams
* Knowledge and experience architecting complex enterprise cybersecurity solutions
* Experience coordinating delivery of project/changes milestones, ensures projects stay on target, escalating and identifying roadblocks.
* Working knowledge of security threat vectors, networking, network security, and application security.
* Solid organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
* Advanced problem solving skills, ability to develop effective long-term solutions to complex problems.
* In-depth knowledge of common network protocols, packet formats, and security vulnerabilities is required.
* Exemplary people skills are a must.
Desired Skills and Experience
* Ability to work independently, creative thinker/solver
* Strong communication skills - meaning professional demeanor in all situations and sensitivity to other cultures by adjusting communication styles - preferably experience in working in global industry
* Be detail oriented and thorough in all aspects of work
* Demonstrate strong leadership skills in order to command the attention of your audience and motivate others to work together towards the common goal
Posting Date: 06/30/2019
Location: Denver, CO, REPUBLIC PLAZA, 370 17TH ST, Washington, DC, 1800 K St NW (DC1842), Chicago, IL, 135 S LA SALLE ST (IL4135), Annandale, VA, ANNANDALE BC, 7400 LITTLE RIVER TPKE, - United States
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift