Network Reliability Engineer San Francisco, CA
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world's creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They're building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
Dropbox is the home for your most important stuff-now we're bringing it to life with a growing family of products. As we scale our global brand, there's plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people around the world.
Our Production Engineering team crafts the layer from which all Dropbox experiences are built. As our user base and product family continues to grow, we are responsible for strengthening our foundation. We are looking for engineers to help continuously improve our infrastructure to provide the fastest, most reliable, and most secure Cloud Storage infrastructure to our users.
As an engineer on our Network Reliability team, you will be responsible for building, operating, and writing services, automation, monitoring, and tools for the production network. In this role, you will benefit from close collaboration with other engineering and serving teams to ensure a strong network foundation.
* You will keep the AS19679 production network running with an emphasis on scalable automation and telemetry
* You will build software and systems to manage and monitor the network (common languages are Python and Go)
* You will work multi-functionally with serving, engineering, and development teams to maintain a highly available, highly performant infrastructure
* You will participate in periodic on-call rotation
* This position will require less than 20% travel
* BS, MS, or PhD in Network Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
* 3+ years of work related industry experience
* Experience building, deploying, and operating distributed services and monitoring for production networks
* Experience with Linux systems and shells, daemons, and processes
* Experience with programming languages, like Python or Go
* Experience building and sustaining interconnected production services with APIs
* Working knowledge with protocols, such as BGP, ISIS, IPv6, SNMP, NetFlow, etc.
* Familiarity with network hardware & operating systems
* (Optional) Experience with QOS, MPLS, and DWDM
Benefits and Perks
* 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
* 401k + company match
* Market competitive total compensation package
* Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
* Wellness Reimbursement
* Generous vacation policy
* 10 company paid holidays
* Volunteer time off
* Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Dropbox (formerly known as Evenflow) is a company that provides a cloud storage and collaboration platform.