What you'll be doing...
The Network Project Manager will be responsible for executing on the engineering team circuit migration stragety from the Legacy Transport network to the Unified Transport Intelligent Edge Network.
* On time completion of various projects in the Northeast region.
* Assist in developing the overall migration plan/strategy by Wire Center and partnering with the Network Operations Team track migrations month/month.
* Prioritize all projects andjobs within each project based on customer required dates and National Network Installation manpower.
* Communicate daily with Program Managers, Engineering counterparts and Network Operations teams to manage and track progress of all jobs and help bring them to a timely completion as per agreed upon timelines and schedules.
* Attendmonthly NYC Engineering manager and process meetingsto learn of new projects, next generation technology as well as to provide status and feedback to the managers and Engineering Director on open and recently completed projects.
* Drive various teams to meet schedule demands, and or drive missed commitments to completion.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in engineering or related field.
* Project management experience in the telecommunications industry.
* An understanding of inside plant engineering, Inter Office Facility, Operations, Central Offices, and Transmission Control Protocol.
* Complex understanding of the engineering design, equipment functionality, plant conditions, and central officeinstallation.
* Raise the bar through their actions, commitment and dedication to service every day.
* Pay attention to the details of our business and rise to the occasion at every challenge.
* Experience working with CoFEE Engineering ( UUI), IVAAP, RACF , CCP and VBuild.
* Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint.
* Leadership skills to push job to completion
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.