What you'll be doing...
The Ashburn, VA Network Management Center is seeking motivated and driven engineers to support management of Verizon's Intelligent Edge Network encompassing Unified Transport, NGPON2, Multi-Service Edge, Base Network Controller, IP Routing, and Converged Core technologies. When you join Verizon, You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses, and devices connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things, and innovating in areas such as video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures, or numbers, find your future at Verizon!
Join Verizon as we leverage our existing IP Networks with automation and turn of the century infrastructure. We are building opportunities within Verizon for career growth, network growth, technology growth, and the opportunity to impact how we develop the next generation Global Telecommunications Verizon supplies the world! This position seeks intelligent, forward thinking, collaborative-minded, and adaptable network engineers. Come see how you can enhance Verizon and our global customers. We are building and developing onsite training utilizing Verizon's HR, Vendor support, Tier 2 Technical support, On the Job training, scripting, and automation! It is an exciting time at Verizon. We are deploying millions of miles of fiber that will power our Intelligent Edge Network (iEN). The iEN unifies services for Enterprise, Businesses, Consumers, and Wireless through bleeding-edge technology and innovation. Verizon is enabling 5G wireless speeds up to a Gigabit per second; ushering in a new era of content delivery, connected cars, and smart cities through Mobile-Edge Computing; and we building the blueprint for what it means to have a truly resilient Edge Network. The iEN Team is dedicated to evolving Operations to meet the demands of running the Network of the tomorrow. Read below on the functions a network engineer will perform.
* Proactive network monitoring, following established procedures when responding to network alarms and events.
* Trouble Ticket management, Outage/LOD notification management, processing escalations. Generate, drive, and update problem-tracking tickets via multiple systems and continually improve business practices.
* Perform triage, fault isolation, and remediation of network events.
* Work with external and internal Verizon organizations coordinating and troubleshooting network events.
* Willingness to work all shifts, enhance automation through scripting and RPA (bots), and improve how the team functions for increased efficiency.
* Providing timely and accurate network technical assistance to external teams by communicating technical details and status to customer service centers, technical support organizations, and executive management teams during network events and major outages
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Associate's degree or two or more years of work experience.
* Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
* Strong customer service and interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Knowledge with TCP/IP.
* Python (or related) scripting.
* Experience driving automation initiatives and process improvements.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.