What you'll be doing...
You will be a motivated and driven Technical Network Engineer that will fill the role of Subject Matter Expert (SME) discovering network inventory and topology data across L0/1/2/3 Networks, and working with a Development Team to define requirements for network discovery, inventory reconciliation, and overall topology data stitching and debugging.
* Partner with the Development Team to produce a Common Network Data (CND) Model from UT/iEN/5G networks throughout the country.
* Identify methodologies for retrieving inventory/topology data from Network data from UT/iEN/5G network's routers.
* Submit engineering recommendations as to maintain real-time documentation of network systems infrastructure, cross connects, and circuit audit corrections.
* Support development team on design enhancements, process improvement, and CND model debugging.
* Handle different types of IT projects from initiation phase to the completion.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have :
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Knowledge of MPLS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, Multicast, ipv6, DWDM, SONET, Metro Ethernet, LAN/WAN network design, configuration, and troubleshooting.
Even better if you'll have :
* A degree.
* Cisco CCNP, CCVP, or CCSP certification.
* Strong knowledge of Cisco/Juniper IP LAN/WAN technologies with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
* Extensive experience with Cisco IOS CLI and Transport TL1 languages.
* Experience with Netconf preferred.
* Strong knowledge of L2 technologies-VLANs/VLAN tagging, VTP, Spanning Tree, Etherchannel, portchannel, 40Gigabit/10Gigabit switched networks.
* Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and various Internet Protocols DNS, NAT, IPSec, HTTP/HTTPS, SSH, SSL, SNMP, NFS, IPv4, IPv6.
* Comprehensive knowledge of L3 technologies-IP Sub-netting, IP routing, BGP, OSPF, VRRP, HSRP, VRF, MPLS.
* Ability to facilitate technical designs and architecture discussion with clients.
* Excellent communication and writing skills required.
* Experience with any of the following databases: MetaSolv, Granite, TIRKS, F&E, ASAP, Cramer, M4, M5, M6, or Circuit Design.
* Exposure to relational databases, such as oracle, graph, etc., used to inventory L0/1/2/3 networks.
* Understanding of Java and exposure to development teams and defining requirements.
* Understanding of SQL and regular expressions.
* Experience with discovery / development of network topology.
* Ability to simplify network concepts to communicate requirements to development team.
* Extensive experience with Excel.
* Excellent communication and organizational skills.
* Ability to manage and leverage vendor relationships.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.