What you'll be doing...
Customer satisfaction drives our business, and you'll have a key role in ensuring that our customers remain happy by providing exceptional service and prompt responses to their needs. This engineer will support the Operating Systems and Application infrastructure for ISD customer environments. You'll be responsible for supporting the 24x7 Floor Operations and Service Desk function for our managed network services customers, and ensuring Government Network Operations and Security Center (GNOSC) customers collaborate with our internal resources as appropriate. You'll be part of an incredible team, having a positive impact on our business.
* Responding to customer inquiries
* Conducting network surveillance.
* Initiating and resolving incident management tickets.
* Examining physical layer and logical problems using standard isolation methodologies.
* Utilizing tools for router access, circuit layout, automated circuit testing, and ticket management.
* Analyzing network surveillance data and addressing any issues that were identified through the analytics.
* Create change process documentation (MOPS)
* Perform standard changes and provide escalation support for complex technical issues.
* Act as primary technical in critical event management situations including providing support on technical and customer bridges.
* Work client alerts and associated trouble tickets to meet all contractual SLA's.
* Own the resolution of escalated internal and external client issues.
* Work on cross departmental projects with Verizon internal and external teams.
* Provide recommendations to Tier 3, Service Delivery team, and management on process, monitoring, or technical improvements.
What we're looking for...
You have very strong technical skills and an ability to dig into the details to identify opportunities and solutions to root cause issues. Organization, reliability and time management skills come naturally to you, and you can troubleshoot highly technical issues and effectively explain complex details to non-technical customers. You are adept at utilizing a variety of tools at your disposal to solve problems and are resourceful in finding the most client-focused solutions.
You'll need to have:
* Associate's degree or two or more years of work experience.
* Three or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience working in a NOC environment with Cisco or Juniper routers and LAN switches.
* IPVPN, IP, MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP and IPSec networking protocol experience.
* Ability to obtain security clearance.
* Experience with Operating System support either Windows or Linux.
* Hardware Support experience: UCS B or C series, Server parts replacement.
* Experience learning and supporting vendor and custom based applications; experience with Active Directory, SQL, VMWARE, SAN Storage, NetApp, Hosted and Managed Solution support experience.
* Experience with the following monitoring and event platforms: SCOM, Service Manager, SCCM.
* Availability to work in 24/7 operations center: shift work, nights, weekends, holidays, as necessary.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Cisco or Juniper certification.
* Scripting skillset such as Pyton or Powershell.
* Network management and performance analysis tool experience.
* Knowledge of DNS, NTP, Firewalls and ACLs.
* ITIL experience.
* Worked in an ISO operating environment.
* Worked in environments operating under service level agreements.
* Managed customer service requests.
* Knowledge with IPv6
* Ability to multitask.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.