HMS makes the healthcare system work better for everyone. We fight fraud, waste, and abuse so people have access to healthcare-now and in the future. Using innovative technology and powerful data analytics, we help government and commercial payers reduce costs, increase quality, and achieve regulatory compliance. We also help consumers take a more active role in their own health. Each year, we save our clients billions of dollars while helping people live healthier lives. At HMS, you will develop new skills and build your career in a dynamic industry while making a difference in the lives of others.
We are seeking a talented individual for a Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician. The NOC Technician is a vital member of our Solutions Operations team providing operational support for our distributed Production and Development systems ensuring their integrity, availability and performance on a 24x7 basis.
This position has the flexibility to offer weekend, night, and day shifts.We are seeking a talented individual who is technologically proficient, eager to continue learning, and able to communicate well with internal teams, external vendors, and customers.
* Performs continual system monitoring, verifying the integrity, availability, healthiness and performance of production and development systems, workflows and processes.
* Takes ownership of, triages, troubleshoots and resolves Tier 1 and Tier 2 issues.
* Provides timely triage and accurate escalation of system and application issues, alerting and engaging appropriate resources as needed.
* Coordinates accurate escalations in a fast-paced setting, providing clear-headed responses in pressurized situations.
* Performs and participates in recovery procedures for systems and applications.
* Provide client service delivery by managing and executing outreach-calling windows based on dynamic schedules and client requests. Throttles call (outreach) rates according to time bound constraints.
* Manages Telco bandwidth to support complex calling loads.
* Tests Telco number allocations such as toll free, caller IDs and custom DIDs.
* Performs server blade rebooting and other IT-related responsibilities off-hours/weekends.
* Executes instructions from qualified engineers, managers and peers to take ad-hoc actions on system components and configurations.
* Manages internal and external (customer) tickets according to established protocols. Manages client support responsibilities, received via phone call, email, or portal support requests.
* Collects, records and exchanges information pertaining to system status, incident status and service request status.
* Responds to customer requests and provides consistent communication as defined by client specific policies.
* Contributes to root-cause analyses (RCA) by providing technical and operational details as needed.
* Contributes to process and tooling development, optimization and standardization.
* Performs other functions as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Technical support experience for complex distributed systems.
* Demonstrated technical troubleshooting skills.
* Ability to work independently.
* Experience with Networking Design and Troubleshooting (AWS VPC, TCP/IP, DNS)
* Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
* Ability to retain knowledge about complex systems and processes learned on the job.
* Results driven focus
* Ability to maintain calm, clear-headed approach during technical incidents with ambiguous causes.
* Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
* Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word). Excel at an intermediate level.
* Working knowledge of HIPAA privacy and Security rules.
* Operating experience with Telco operations,
* Operating experience with Amazon Web Services core services (VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, Redshift, ELB, ASG, SQS, SNS) is preferred.
* Knowledge in monitoring activities around MQ series servers and Amazon Web Services is preferred.
* Experience with JIRA ticketing system and Salesforce CRM platform is preferred.
* Experience with Active Directory and Windows Server administration is preferred.
Work Conditions and Physical Demands
* Primarily sedentary work in a general office environment
* Requires occasional standing, walking, lifting, and moving objects (up to 10 lbs.)
* Requires manual dexterity to use computer, telephone and peripherals
* May be required to work extended hours for special business needs
* Associates Degree in computer science or any other IT related area.
* AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (or greater) is desired but not required.
Minimum Related Work Experience:
* 1 years' experience in a data center environment
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EOE including disability/veteran