This team is responsible for product introductions/service onboarding for the Network Operations team globally. This is a contributor level role within the Network Services Operations - Operational Readiness team that is responsible for the end to end onboarding of all net-new products and services within Network Services Operations globally. Role is expected to be knowledgeable of network automation for multiple technologies. The candidate is responsible for understanding how to operate and maintain the currently deployed system as well as full lifecycle automation development activities from service design through operations. Responsibilities will require extensive technological assessments of a wide variety of network devices such as Cisco routers and switches, network load balancers, and security devices/appliances including IDS (Intrusion Detection Systems). Good technical knowledge is required as are excellent communications to deal with major stakeholders across CTO/CIO groups and the business. Experience in working in a matrix management environment with teams based in multiple countries is also required. Team Responsibilities include:
* Support and manage operational readiness activities and product introductions for cross-functional, national and international support teams across the technology stack including defined networks
o Knowledge of public and private cloud concepts
o Development /Programming skills (Yang, NSO, Ansible)
* Evaluate and provide input into RFP/RFI process for all new network products including in depth assessments of business cases, vendor evaluation/down-select and SOW evaluation.
* Work with Product, Architecture and Engineering teams to continuously improve the Network Governance process to align with key business & risk drivers as well as ITSM best practices
* Collaborate with consulting service vendors, managed service providers and internal partners to develop and transition new product introductions
* Translate business strategy into work processes and provide strategic planning input into data center operational transformation/consolidation activities
* Develop and maintain professional working relationships with key internal stakeholders (e.g. businesses, infrastructure functions).
* Pro-actively contribute to the conceptual development implementation of Network services initiatives and mandates
* Responsible for efficiency improvements by driving processes, adherence to standards, and continual process review
* Coordinate with stakeholder teams to improve process flows, enhance the service onboarding process and develop KPIs that lead to improvements in onboarding experience
* Manage a large portfolio of strategic and tactical projects with operational accountability for product governance, operational support model development, business case support, risk analysis, technical/architectural assessment and knowledge management
* Understands network-based technologies: demonstrates competency (or capacity to be successful) in the ability to translate customer/business requirements into business solutions and successfully position with customers
* Strong experience with release and operational readiness related to various network devices (preferred) including but not limited to routers, switches, firewalls, access points, network circuits, VPN and load balancers (Cisco, Arista, F5, Bluecoat, CheckPoint are preferred)
* Experience with Enterprise Storage, SDN and cloud-based solutions is preferred.
* Excellent understanding of Agile, Scrum, IT Service Management processes, program and project management (i.e. MS Project, Excel, hybrid)
* Excellent analytical expertise, attention to detail, critical thinking, and logical skills
* Strong ability to learn and operate in a dynamic environment and work effectively in a team environment with minimal oversight
* Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills conducive to team development, and the ability to maintain positive communication with other team members, contractors and vendors and other relevant stakeholders
* Must have strong analytical, planning, organizational and communication skills with the ability to provide a business level translation of technical issues
* Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with strong presentation skills.
* Ability to deal with complex and ambiguous situations in an independent manner
* Ability to lead change
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* 5-7 years network engineering and/or technology management experience
* At least 2 years experience in release/ops readiness position
* B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or equivalent experience preferred
* Knowledge of IT Service Management processes, ITIL Certification preferred
* Experience in Agile Development Framework
* Previous experience automating large scale networks.
* Extensive knowledge and experience with network technologies and vendors: Switching, Routing, Application Delivery, Firewalling, Proxy, DNS, Time services, Overlay Networking, VPN, Optical networking, BGP, Clos Fabric, DMZ etc.
Posting Date: 05/01/2019
Location: Richardson, TX, BUILDING C, 2380 PERFORMANCE DR, Richmond, VA, VILLA PARK OPS CENTER BLDG C, 8001 VILLA PARK DR, - United States
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift