What you'll be doing...
This position of MTS-IV-Technology is responsible for overseeing CDS platforms CSCF, Stir/shaken, PCRF and working with planning, engineering, operations, and tenant operation functions for all systems that CDS team is responsible for. You will drive, compile, work with vendors, work with various budget teams and define yearly capital budgets and ensure execution according to approved plans.
* Utilize knowledge of wireless network and operations.
* Leverage knowledge of Verizon Cloud and its operation.
* Utilize knowledge of HQP planning role and functions.
* Working closely with Cross Functional Teams (i.e. Planning, Development, and Networking) and collaborating on optimal solutions for current and future VCP Projects.
* Providing mentoring to other team members and groups.
* Detecting and resolving issues in a proactive manner before they can impact the platform and/or customer.
* Applying a working knowledge of "Agile Mindset" and leveraging your ability to adapt quickly to fluid environments.
* Drive the team and vendors to adopt and migrate applications to the Verizon Cloud Platform (VCP).
* Distribute workload and development responsibilities to ensure timely completion and without impact to existing services.
* Work with internal Verizon organizations to develop, design, size, and adjust data flow models to ensure applications meet availability, performance, capacity, and security requirements and guidelines.
* Drive technology, operational and cost innovation within the team and with broader stakeholders.
* Provide direction and effectively manage vendors.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, relevant field, or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even Better if you have:
* Knowledge of cloud computing, virtualization technologies, and software defined networking.
* Knowledge of OpenStack or equivalent infrastructure framework technology in a cloud computing environment.
* Project management experience, with strong leadership skills, and the ability to drive teams to consensus.
* Working and Proven Knowledge of Linux OS.
* Strong software development (e.g. C++, Java) capability.
* Experience with distributed storage solutions (Ceph, Swift, other).
* Working and Proven Knowledge of Programming or Scripting Skills (Perl, Python, Ruby).
* Experience with monitoring tools (IRIS, NetScout, Grafana).
* Experience working modern configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible).
* Experience with networking concepts and protocols (include SDN, NFV).
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.