Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The project will design, develop, and evaluate an Integrated Network Planner Prototype (INPP) for tactical planning. The prototype facilitates the replacement of the existing Network Management System (NMS) capability with a software framework that enables simplified planning workflows, network visualizations, and provisioning processes. A new integrated planner system will overcome limitations and improve the ability of commanders and Signal Soldiers at different echelons to replan and reprovision their networks and devices quickly enough in response to the on-going monitoring of asset availability, traffic needs, and mission evolution.
Applied technology development related to network planning and analysis tools. The candidate will join a team of 10-12 engineers to design and implement an integrated planner prototype. The prototype will generate network plans and detailed designs for network architecture, IP addressing, spectrum and satellite resources that support mission movement paths and Information Exchange Requirements (IERs) / Communication Requirements.
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
* BS./M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
* 5+ years of experience in designing, implementing, and integrating complex software systems (C/C++, Java, and Python/Perl).
* Knowledge of computer networking with emphasis on wireless mobile networks, wireless systems engineering, and Internet technologies (IP protocol stack).
* Experience in creating network plans and detailed designs that span terrestrial, satellite, and troposcatter communications links, including in at least one of the following areas:
* link closure and area coverage analysis,
* SATCOM capacity and connectivity analysis,
* allocation of space bandwidth-segment resources,
* frequency assignment based on spectrum authorizations,
* Optimizing network layout at Layer 2 (radio nets) and Layer 3 (IP subnets and routing areas).
Experience in at least one of the following areas:
* Analytical modeling of (1) Beyond Line of Sight systems such as SATCOM waveforms (FDMA, TDMA, NCW) and/or (2) RF & Line of Sight (LOS) systems such as High Capacity LOS, Terrestrial Transmission LOS, TROPO, HNW, and WiFi.
* Automating configurations (generation and verification) for multiple radio platforms and WAN/LAN routers and switches, including routing and voice cross-banding.
* US citizenship required for this position and must be able to obtain a US security clearance.
* Knowledge of planning, analysis, and configuration tools such as NetOps NFDR, STK, SPEED, ETI, ACAS, JIST, NCW Tool, Atom, iDirect, EWPMT, IPAM.
* Knowledge of military waveforms (e.g., HNW, NCW, BFT, TSMX, SATCOM, TROPO) and commercial wireless technologies (WiFi), including protocol stacks.
* Knowledge of Army geospatial standards and hierarchical Unit Task Organization.
* Hands-on knowledge of router configuration (Cisco, Juniper, DTECH, Viasat, PacStar).
* Hands-on knowledge of configurations for radios such as AN/TRC-170 (TROPO - Legacy), AN/TRC-190 (Harris HCLOS radio), AN/TRC-238 V(1) / V(2), AN/GRC-262, AN/TYC-45A (V3), RMPM-1000, iDirect Modem (Hub / Spoke), HNR Radio (Harris), MPM-2000, COMTECH DMD-2050E (Radyne).