What you'll be doing...
You will help to build the foundation that keeps us in front of the competition. The work you will be doing will deliver the network infrastructure for new platform, product and services utilizing agile practices. We will look to you to meet critical deadlines for large cross-functional and enterprise-wide projects and solve the complex problems that the team may face along the way. The program cares for the collection of Operations requirements, IT development, Network Builds, Vendor code, Methods & Procedures, Training and FOA Testing to ensure the IT, Network and Processes are repeatable in order to release for Operational Readiness. Many of our complex projects require interaction at the Director/VP level and the development of Executive presentations.
* Utilize agile project management practices to deliver on-time from project initiation to deployment
* Maintain Confluence and JIRA processes.
* Establish Cross Functional Project team.
* Manage the development Technical and IT support system requirements.
* Making sure all Network Method and Procedures are updated.
* Creation of support process flows.
* Making sure operational training is secured and executed.
* Manage issue/risk identification and resolution.
* Develop organizational and work breakdown structures and responsibility matrices.
* Manage project resources; perform risk assessments and mitigation plans.
* Drive Operations to Standard Operating Environment and document process flows.
* Provide regularly scheduled Executive level reporting.
* Lead Development and execution of IT code and FOA test plans.
What we're looking for...
You are the type of person who sees a problem and gets it fixed no matter what. You enjoy the challenge of working through complex, cross-functional issues towards a transformational solution. You're great at being detail oriented and thrive in a dynamic environment to meet critical deadlines, but are also willing to be flexible when the situation is right. You are able to negotiate effectively at all levels of the organization and influence decisions that yield the best results for our company.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Five or more years of strong project planning and project management experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Ability to be self-motivated, work well in a fast-paced and complex environment. Ability to handle multiple projects.
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including executive management with excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal and active listening skills.
* Ability to multi-task, detail oriented with strong project management, organization and time management skills.
* Knowledge of the IT process.
* Knowledge of Verizon's networks, products and services.
* Knowledge of our Network Operations Centers and Support Teams.
* Ability to clearly and regularly communicate any issues or risks and escalate appropriately.
* Ability to resolve complex problems positively and professionally.
* Experience using confluence and JIRA software.
* Knowledge of agile methodologies applied to project management.
* PMI, Project Management Certification.
* Certified Scrum Master Certification.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.