B&A is currently seeking a Network/Hardware System Administrator to join our team in support of our federal customer in Falls Church, VA!
The System Administrator will be responsible for the O&M and modernization/consolidation of our client's large-scale application used by 60k+ individuals. The application is hosted on a Red Hat Linux distributed platform, utilizing Micro Focus Enterprise Server (MFES) for mainframe emulation.
* Application platform support for Micro Focus Enterprise Server environment.
* Administrative support for Common Unix Print Server (CUPS) environment.
* User management support for the application environments.
* User support and trouble ticket resolution.
* Comply with government-wide, DHS, and CBP requirements including those associated with systems security, access and internal controls.
* Advise, plan, execute, and manage systems upgrades and updates.
* Provide experience and best practices related to O&M support.
* Proactively identify and recommend solutions for systems issues and play an active role in their resolution including all emergency situations.
* Support virtual print functionality implemented on CUPS platform to emulate mainframe virtual printer.
* Support user provisioning and de-provisioning processes (automated and manual), and associated logging and reporting.
* Implement, maintain, troubleshoot, and modify, as needed, job scheduler tasks to support various legacy data exchange and maintenance activities using Computer Associates (CA) Autosys Edition (AE).
* Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve help desk tickets, including tickets arriving through the Technology Service Desk Remedy System, as well as email inquiries arriving through the Mod Help Desk group email box (~50 Remedy tickets and ~50 emails weekly).
* Support O&M for operational fixes and routine maintenance including training, security, audits, and enterprise architecture compliance; minor hardware upgrades.
* Provide subject matter expertise in support of modernization efforts where input is needed regarding program logic, business rules driving that logic, and constraints related to program execution and calculations.
* 10+ years of experience with Linux/Unix-based system administration.
* Familiarity with mainframe operating systems and processes and be able to support and troubleshoot mainframe code running on a distributed environment via Micro Focus Enterprise Server or similar Mainframe Emulation Environment.
* US Citizenship is required.
* Must either currently possess or be able to favorably pass a full 5- year background investigation (BI), inclusive of criminal and financial history.
* Must be able to work from the customer site in Falls Church, VA.
Bart & Associates (B&A) has been a systems integrator of information technology solutions for 30 years. Our mission is to use our depth and breadth of technical knowledge and expertise to ensure our clients have optimum IT solutions to meet their goals. We are a company whose accomplishments exemplify the skills, dedication, and commitment of our most valuable asset: our people. B&A provides strategic, enterprise, application, and technical infrastructure solutions, including customized and Commercial-Off-The-Shelf applications. Our service lines include: Human Capital Management, Operations & Enablement, Integration & Analytics, Modernization & Transformation, Agile Delivery, and Certified Hosting. We have a strong focus on innovation with an in-house Research and Development team and we offer full time employees a 100% premium paid medical plan option, which includes coverage for medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, disability, teledoc, and accident insurance. Headquartered in McLean, VA, B&A was named one of Virginia's Best Places to Work in 2018.
B&A provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. B&A complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy covers conduct occurring at B&A's offices, and other workplaces (including client sites) and all other locations where B&A is providing services, and to all work-related activities.
EEO IS THE LAW - If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact B&A Human Resources at 703-821-0030.
As a Federal Contractor, B&A is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links:
* EEO is the Law
* EEO is the Law - Amendment
* Pay Transparency
Affirmative Action Plan
As a federal government contractor, and based on Executive Orders and applicable laws and regulations, B&A develops and maintains annual written Affirmative Action Plans and endeavors to hire and advance qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans.
Previous Applicants: Email: Password:
If you do not remember your password click here.