What you'll be doing...
* Lead early engagement with business and network partners in scoping out and documenting requirements, values, processes, and software development complexities.
* Responsible for determining initial VROM for OSS delivery collaborating with solution architect and domain delivery managers.
* Define High-Level Delivery Roadmap and Project definition for specific Program/Initiative, pairing with solution architect to establish an initial HLA, and collaborating with Portfolio Owner and Development leads.
* This includes creation of detailed Use Cases, API/Interface definition as part of Early Engagement / Define phase.
* Lead the evaluation of new technology and feature impact on the OSS architecture and processes.
* Create impact assessment on OSS Architecture and Processes, responsible for Delivering the OSS New Technology kick off document per vendor.
* Align with Architecture in the development of System Strategies.
* Support Architecture teams with discovery and assessment toward HLA Completion.
* Organize and drive strategy review sessions to ensure Technology, Network Planning, Engineering, Operations, and OSS development teams are aligned to a common goal/program definition.
* Support Business Standardization by influencing System Architecture and Designs.
* Drive Synchronization of Business and System standards across Programs/Initiatives.
* Responsible for ensuring the roadmap focuses on deliverables and dependencies.
* Drive the OSS lab set up to support the QE/UAT testing.
* Responsible for developing interim (contingency plans) strategies to mitigate gaps and changes.
* Provide leadership, guidance and problem solving to ensure the program successfully completes within the established timeframes.
* Participate in the ongoing development and implementation of the plan to ensure the content and spirit of the plan are being implemented.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have:
* A degree or Master's degree in Business or Technology.
* Wide range of knowledge on Verizon Network Infrastructure and Services.
* Five or more years of experience in Network Management, Engineering, or Planning.
* Excellent problem-solving ability.
* Ability to manage and execute competing tasks and multiple projects simultaneously and work independently.
* Ability to work within teams both inside and outside the organization.
* Ability to lead teams from multiple disciplines and lines of business.
* Ability to establish good working relationships with outside vendors.
* Proven Facilitation skills. Agile Facilitation Certification preferred.
* Ability to present to executive level.
* Ability to work independently, ability to communicate status and achieve results.
* Strong driver and communicate and coordinate with all sorts of personalities.
* Ability to translate large complex requirements to deliverables.
* Ability to do systems thinking. Knowledge on how different areas of the organization relate to each other. Ability to integrate ideas from many different areas into a common vision.
* Willingness to continuously learn about new technologies and to acquire new knowledge.
* A developed network of contacts across all lines of business in Verizon is a plus.
* Strong practice of Agile Methodology, including SAFe Agile.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.