At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and
democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way.
Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive
environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your
team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOU…keep reading!
The Autonomous Design Center of Excellence in San Diego, CA is seeking a Senior Manager to lead a team of network engineers on a restricted program. This manager will be responsible for technical planning, system integrations,
verification and validation, cost and risk for all network connectivity across multiple subsystems. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in Systems Engineering, Subsystem Integration, Network Architecture, Computer Systems Hardware as well as a broad understanding of program management fundamentals.
* Responsible for all projects assigned to the organizational group. This will cross multiple business areas across numerous locations
* Exerts influence in the development of overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization
* Responsible for requirements gathering, definition, systems integration and evaluation
* Provide oversight of functional analysis and detailed trade studies
* Collaborate with functional homeroom to ensure program is adequately staffed for current and future work
* Project Management responsibilities include: planning, risk management, and project performance addressing cost, schedule, and technical quality for related Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) elements on large system development type contracts
* Conduct briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a STEM field from an accredited university
* Minimum 7 years engineering experience
* Active DoD Top Secret Clearance
* Ability to obtain Special Program Access
* Certified Cisco Network Professional (CCNP) certificate
* Advanced Degree in Engineering, IT, or Management
* 10 years experience in a related engineering field
* Functional Management Experience
* Strong organizational and interpersonal skills to include written and verbal communication
* Experience executing the engineering project life cycle, including: requirements analysis, design, development, integration, validation, verification, and sustainment
* Demonstrated success in leading, collaborating, and developing cross functional teams of varying degrees of skill on complex technical projects
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.