What you'll be doing...
You'll provide leadership and support to oversee the sustainability of the nation's largest and most reliable 4G network. Your role will involve leading and developing a high-performing team to effectively perform network management responsibilities, drive project completion, and ensure our effectiveness in responding to real-time escalation issues. We are constantly innovating to enhance the customer experience and you can play a vital role in changing the way our customers live, work, and play.
* Leading, motivating, and developing a high performing team while driving change to meet strategic business goals.
* Proactively monitoring the network and effectively handling Tactical Outage, Situational Management, and Unplanned Outage Events.
* Providing technical assistance and communicating technical information and status to customer service centers, technical support organizations, and management teams.
* Developing and implementing global response plans to network-impacting events.
* Sharing best practices and mentoring to share knowledge of telecommunications equipment and technologies.
What we're looking for...
You thrive in environments where your strong leadership skills, business acumen, and technical expertise are key to driving the success of multifunctional teams. The full life cycle of performance network management and working within its established procedures and communication requirements is motivating work for you. No stranger to succeeding in a fast-paced environment, you juggle competing priorities with ease. People count on you for your ability to build relationships at all levels and communicate clearly to business and technical audiences alike.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in managing multidisciplinary teams and organizational budgets.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Bachelor's degree in business administration, business management, or engineering.
* Experience in the telecommunications industry.
* Operations experience.
* Technical knowledge of network equipment and systems.
* Knowledge of routing protocols (MPLS, LDP, BGP, IS-IS, OSPF) tools. Experience with Verizon internal systems (i.e. Espresso, ETMS, vRepair, BAAIS National, Smarts, OASIS, MASTARS, F & E, Netpro, MECCA, TCOMS, Lotus Notes).
* Experience managing complex processes and driving results.
* Must have valid driver's license.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.