Network Engineer - Virtual Platforms
Req #: 219258
Location: Springfield, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Our Team has an exciting and challenging opportunity available for a Network Engineer supporting an Intelligence Community customer's Virtual Platforms presence wide-area (WAN), local-area (LAN) and campus-area (CAN) networks across multiple security domains.
The perfect candidate will perform research, requirements analysis, design, installation, troubleshooting, and support of local- and wide-area network hardware, software and applications. He/she will develop system specifications, architecture designs, integration and test plans, and all relevant documentation. The employee will develop risk management and mitigation strategy, and maintain compliance with QA standards as well as ensuring service performance indicators are met or exceeded. The candidate will need experience in reviewing mission related change requirements and determining impacts on Transport activities across the Enterprise while providing technical solutions and cost impacts. He/she will also need experience in complex telecommunications applications involving all phases of telecommunications network design, implementation, and analysis.
What You'll Get to Do:
* Focus will be on Subject Matter Expert (Virtual Platforms)
* Design and implement a scalable integrated virtual platform capability across existing and new customer data centers and cloud environments.
* Evaluate and impact technical requirements with all stakeholders.
* Recommend best technical solution for implementation.
* Lead troubleshooting activities with ISP's and ASP's.
* Support network traffic analysis and bandwidth optimization efforts to ensure attainment of performance and availability objectives.
* Evaluate and report on new/emerging network/communication technologies to enhance capacity, performance and reliability of the network.
* Evaluate and recommend changes and/or technology upgrades to address performance, standardization and industry best practices
* Lead requirement analysis and verification, ensuring requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and they conform to standards.
* Provide recommendations on newly submitted actions items.
* Coordinate issues with the appropriate owners/organizations.
* Provide concurrence on decisions or recommendations by assigned suspense.
* Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, scenarios, business analysis and test/workflow analysis.
* Represent requirements using alternative views, such as analysis models (diagrams).
* Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the review process.
* Identify requirement errors and defects, and write response statements to appropriate owners/organizations.
* Follows all Customer network security processes and procedures, ensures compliance with all Government policies.
* Develop and maintain network architecture diagrams.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Prefer Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
* Ability to work independently with little direction and guidance
* Security Clearance: active TS/SCI
* Network design and engineering (Advanced Level)
* Creation of network related Rough Order Magnitude (ROM) equipment lists and costing
* Ability to estimate labor needed to complete planning, engineering, procurement, and installation of complex Enterprise Transport solutions
* Understanding of DISA and IC standards and processes (DISA Secure Cloud Computing Architecture)
* Excellent writing and communication skills, including the ability to develop analytical documents and present oral presentations to senior/executive management
* Ability to work weekends and evening hours as needed
* An understanding of how to practice requirements engineering according to several hardware/software development life cycles in a team environment
* Knowledge of product management concepts and how Enterprise network products are positioned and implemented.
* Travel up to 10% of the time
* 12+ years related technical experience in Network and Transport technologies, tools, and techniques
* 8+ years experience with large-scale enterprise/global networks in a high paced diverse environment
* 4+ years demonstrated experience designing and implementing enterprise-scale multiple virtual platform capabilities in classified environments
* Thorough understanding of private, public and hybrid cloud solutions.
* Understanding and experience with the DoD Architecture Framework and other key DoD network architecture and strategic planning instructions
* Experience with CISCO and Juniper, switches, routers, Cryptographic devises, VPN and VPN client.
* Experience with Network analysis tools (CISCO Network Analysis Modules, Solar Winds Network Management, OPNET NetOne, HP Network Node Manager, etc.)
* Experience with CISCO firewall/VPN equipment (Adaptive Security Appliance, etc)
* Experience with supporting IP services to connect to NIPRNET, SIPRNET and JWICS (IPv4, VPN, IPv6, Multicast, QOS, SDN, SNMP, VOIP, VTC, etc)
* Experience with EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and multicast.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
* CompTIA Security +
* CISCO CCNP, CCVP, CCNA or CCDP
* AWS certification
* MS Azure certification
* ITIL v3 Foundations
* ISC2 CISSP
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.