Network Engineer (Up to 25% Profit Sharing Benefit!)
Req #: 218716
Location: Springfield, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
BITS, a CACI Company, offers very rewarding and unique benefits, which equates to 50% of compensation on TOP of your base salary! The first part is a tax-qualified profit-sharing retirement plan, to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account. The second component consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS, in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. We believe in a healthy home/work balance and both of our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Learn more at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/
We are seeking a passionate IT Network Engineer to manage and maintain of operational systems.
What You'll Get to Do:
* Responsible for providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
* Designs and plans network systems.
* Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
* Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
* Configures and installs various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS).
* Conducts testing of network systems.
* Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
* Works within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
* Performs network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
* Monitors network engineering performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
* Monitors system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
* Works with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
* Provides Tier 1/ Tier 2 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
* Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switches, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
* Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Master's Degree and 8 years of relevant experience or High School/GED and 17 years of relevant experience or Associate Degree and 14 years of relevant experience or bachelor's degree and 10 years of relevant experience.
* IT Network systems design, implementation, integration, test and verification, performance assessment, requirement generation and analysis, risk assessment and risk mitigation planning.
* Tier 1, Tier 2 O&M support, DR management to a mission critical operational system; coordinating RFCs vs. all NSIS requirements
* CM, engineering documentations.
* Knowledge of IT systems and vendor equipment (i.e. CISICO, Juniper), technologies and operating systems.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Working Experience with NRO IT systems
What We can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.