Network Engineer - TS/SCI w/ Poly
Req #: 222679
Location: Fairfax, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
What You'll Get to Do:
As a Network Engineer, you will work with a team to provision, transition, troubleshoot, add, modify, and remove services within the production network, while minimizing the risk of failure and disruption in an enterprise network. You will use automation to perform some of the work, utilizing custom built software, and configure the rest. You will perform acceptance testing on circuits delivered by vendors, and provision services on those circuits. You will ensure that equipment is running the latest approved versions of the OS, upgrade as new versions are approved, apply security patches, and address vulnerabilities. You will act as the primary interface between design and operations, maintain the approved network configuration standard, minimize risk during provisioning changes, and provide accurate reliable documentation of all network services. You will work with Engineering to implement new projects, technologies, and/or changes that affect the network as a whole.
More About this Role:
Configure and perform logical installations of various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS). Work with WAN technology and provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues and incidents. Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switches, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Work with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution. Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
* Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph
* BA/BS and 5+ years of related Networking experience
* Skilled utilizing ITSM products
* Understanding of the OSI model, with a focus on layer 1 through 3
* Understanding and working knowledge of network infrastructure including cabling, switching, routing, firewall functionality and services
* Understanding and working knowledge of routing protocols and the ability to troubleshoot routing issues
* Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve network outages and other network problem reports in urgent situations
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills in support of an enterprise network operation
* Ability to multitask in busy environment
* Both Cisco and Juniper experience
* Service Now experience
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.