Network Engineer TS/SCI w/ poly
Req #: 218279
Location: Fairfax, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
What You'll Get to Do:
You will be responsible for providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. You will design and plan network systems. You will also establish the networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Configures and installs various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS). Conducts testing of network systems. Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization. Works within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure. Performs network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations. Monitors network engineering performance and ensure system availability and reliability. Monitors system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning. Works with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution. Provides Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switches, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Qualified candidate will work in our Network Provisioning team to transition, troubleshoot, modify and remove services within the production network, while controlling the risk of failure and disruption. He/she will act as the primary interface between design and operations, maintain the approved network configuration standard, minimize risk during provisioning changes, and provide accurate reliable documentation of all network services.
* Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve outages and other problems during implementation with Cisco and Juniper routers
* Cisco switches, Juniper firewalls, and out-of-band modems
* Administer configuration changes to Juniper and Cisco routers, Cisco switches, and Juniper firewalls
* Perform documentation, verification and implementation of changes on a live production network
* Situational troubleshooting potentially requires the analysis of many network devices and data points
* The role also requires regular interaction with a number of standard and proprietary tools, which include communication, alerting documentation, automation and scripts.
* Candidate must have a TS/SCI w/ poly (reinvestigation within 5 years)
* Skilled utilizing ITSM products preferably including BMC Remedy.
* 5 years of operational network experience in a command-line oriented environment, working with LAN/WAN infrastructure and administration.
* Understanding of the OSI model, with a focus on layer 1 through 3.
* Understanding and working knowledge of network infrastructure including cabling, switching, routing, firewall functionality and services.
* Understanding of routing protocols and the ability to troubleshoot routing issues, specifically MPLS, BGP and OSPF.
* Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve network outages and other network problem reports in urgent situations.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills in support of an enterprise network operation, in the English language.
* Ability to be self-motivated with a desire to contribute to a team environment.
Education & Experience:
This position typically requires Bachelor's degree with 5 years of related experience
* Circuit testing experience using Ixia Chariot and/or EXFO equipment.
* - CISCO CCNA or CCIP certification.
* Juniper JNCIA or JNCIP certification.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face.
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.